Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   UPDATEDmore acans dead. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81054)

daniella3d 12-15-2011 05:50 AM

Too strong light? this hapened to mine and I only saved it by putting it in the shade. They don,t seem to like strong light at all.

how is the lighting?

JMes 12-15-2011 07:04 AM

Mike,
Pm me your # so we can talk and find the best solution before you lose everything. What you have is not caused from lighting or to much flow.It's a coral disease,and a very nasty one at that.

paddyob 12-15-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMes (Post 661351)
Mike,
Pm me your # so we can talk and find the best solution before you lose everything. What you have is not caused from lighting or to much flow.It's a coral disease,and a very nasty one at that.

This might be useful info for others. I am not aware of what you are talking about.

daniella3d 12-15-2011 12:54 PM

yes please, what is it? and how do you treat it?

I never had it but I really like to know what to do if it ever happen.

Quote:

Mike,

Skimmerking 12-15-2011 02:51 PM

thanks all for the kind words im ready to pack it in. I have lost well lets say $$$$$$ :sad: not a good time 204-728-0342 thanks Jmes call me tonight ok.

Bblinks 12-15-2011 05:58 PM

Are you feeding them anything? I would try to feed it some acan plus, I found that heavy feeding usually bring them back to life. I have had few heads die on me, coincidentally it was around the same time I changed my carbon over from seachem to brs's rox inconjunction with rowaphos. I believe the change in nutrience really ****ed it off. Good luck dude. let us know how it turns out.

Skimmerking 12-15-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 661425)
Are you feeding them anything? I would try to feed it some acan plus, I found that heavy feeding usually bring them back to life. I have had few heads die on me, coincidentally it was around the same time I changed my carbon over from seachem to brs's rox inconjunction with rowaphos. I believe the change in nutrience really ****ed it off. Good luck dude. let us know how it turns out.

yes i have been feeding them ACAN PLUS since JMes started to sell it I was helping him out with it ...

paddyob 12-15-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 661425)

Interesting. I recently switched to ROX as well. Maybe that's what ****ed mine off as well.

Cal_stir 12-15-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Mike,

I am having similar issues as well, acans, blastos, favias, scolymia.
please post, I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Skimmerking 12-16-2011 02:17 PM

Well tAlked to JMes last night about my problem withthe acans. we tried to rule out the rock, corals , lord knows whatelse i can think of.
Cal in the 400 range
Alk in the 9.3 DKH
PO4 nothing or barely any.
No2 nothing
NO3 nothing
salinty 1.022 now that may be it so i am slowly bringing the salt back up to 1.025 dont know why i havent checked my salt in abit.. busy at home lost track.:sad:

OH YA took out another 9 COLONIES THAT I HAVE lost.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

im down to 8 left :cry::cry::cry: