Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lighting Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Radion Owners - Please Help (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80412)

unclesalty 02-03-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice Reef (Post 678334)
Thanks! I'll have a look...

You will need a week to read all the Radion threads on RC! lol
Heres something I just found a few minutes ago

"Ecotech has said they are likely to release the Mac version of their software in the near future. It'd be nice if they had a concurrent release with the Windows version but at least they are working on it"

This is a quote from Johnathon at Ecotech
"The next software release will allow the LEDs (while extremely dim) to run evenly between clusters. The new release will have a software tuning procedure that will allow you to get your light(s) running at the lowest level achievable with the number of LEDs that the fixture contains. The light level achievable will be lower than they currently are. At this point, I do not have a release date scheduled for the new release, but you can look forward to it some time in the near future."

Rice Reef 02-03-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclesalty (Post 678346)
You will need a week to read all the Radion threads on RC! lol
Heres something I just found a few minutes ago

"Ecotech has said they are likely to release the Mac version of their software in the near future. It'd be nice if they had a concurrent release with the Windows version but at least they are working on it"

Lol u r prob right. Will there be a mobile software... iPhone/iPad or android? Have u heard of a controller that would work with the radions and mp40/60's?

unclesalty 02-03-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice Reef (Post 678356)
Lol u r prob right. Will there be a mobile software... iPhone/iPad or android? Have u heard of a controller that would work with the radions and mp40/60's?

Never heard anything about controller compatibilty. I would guess in time GHL and the Vertex Cerebra will be able to control both. Hopefully its iphone, ipad and imac compatible as I own all 3 now.

Rice Reef 02-03-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclesalty (Post 678359)
Never heard anything about controller compatibilty. I would guess in time GHL and the Vertex Cerebra will be able to control both. Hopefully its iphone, ipad and imac compatible as I own all 3 now.

Guess I'll hold off on the controller for a while longer... Perhaps Ecotech will come out with their own controller that would sync with the current radion software... Imagine how great it would be... And controlling it all on your iPad...lol

unclesalty 02-03-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice Reef (Post 678361)
Guess I'll hold off on the controller for a while longer... Perhaps Ecotech will come out with their own controller that would sync with the current radion software... Imagine how great it would be... And controlling it all on your iPad...lol

Yes that would be cool and it wouldn't suprise me at all. Myself I am waiting to see the new Vertex controller when its released if it ever does get released!

Skimmerking 02-27-2012 07:09 PM

are they really worth that amount of money:question:

Rice Reef 02-27-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmodeus (Post 687104)
are they really worth that amount of money:question:

If you are referring to the performance, I would say that it is, imo, definitely worth the money however, I am certain that you are gonna get a lot of different opinions with your question... :neutral:

Borderjumper 02-27-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice Reef (Post 687116)
If you are referring to the performance, I would say that it is, imo, definitely worth the money however, I am certain that you are gonna get a lot of different opinions with your question... :neutral:

I agree with Wayne.. I love mine and wouldn't go back on the purchase even if I could. I like em, my corals like em, and my power bill likes em.

Skimmerking 02-27-2012 08:52 PM

will one work on a30x30x24 tank then and how high would you keep them. Shelly i pretty much what you have i think, RIC's, Acans , zoo's and some LPS

toxic111 02-27-2012 09:13 PM

If you are not keeping nems, SPS & clams one might be enough over that foot print, you might have to play with height to find what works.