Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Chambered Nautilus (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67207)

chilumba 08-15-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoaElite (Post 541698)
I would lean towards +1 Sohal Tang

Chilumba you ever live in Hawaii?

So your saying roughly the cost of a nautilus is the cost of a sohal tang.

I wish I did live in hawaii, although I did go for two weeks on the big island in kona. Maybe one day soon:mrgreen: Why, offering me a house LOL.

chilumba 08-15-2010 10:18 PM

Does anybody have gold aquariums email?

chilumba 08-16-2010 06:10 AM

I should tell you about the setup I am planning. A 60"x30"x30" 234 gallon aquarium which will house 8-10 chambered nautilus. A couple of blue led strips on for 12 hours and one or two blu/white led strips on for 6 hours. They'll be fed bc spot prawns or dungenous crab legs every four days or so. The sump will have a chiller, protein skimmer, refugium and a heater just incase. And hopefully they'll spawn in my tank as I would like to breed them.

fkshiu 08-16-2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilumba (Post 541719)
So your saying roughly the cost of a nautilus is the cost of a sohal tang.

I wish I did live in hawaii, although I did go for two weeks on the big island in kona. Maybe one day soon:mrgreen: Why, offering me a house LOL.

No, I think he means that he agrees with Sohal Tang's (the user) post warning you that since marine biologists have a hard time keeping nautilii alive, that it might be a species best left in the ocean.

Mandosh 08-16-2010 06:33 AM

Is you tag line a wish list or species you currently keep? To me it looks like a whos who of the hard to find, hard to keep, and even harder to afford.

chilumba 08-16-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandosh (Post 541865)
Is you tag line a wish list or species you currently keep? To me it looks like a whos who of the hard to find, hard to keep, and even harder to afford.

No I don't own any of them but maybe onE day:) they are all deepwater Hawaiian fish. Some of them you probably won't see them in Canada unless I get them!

o.c.d. 08-17-2010 01:15 AM

So why do you have a list of deep water Hawaiian fish on your profile? Is that like a hit list? You're a total Gangster! :2gunfire: and you may be the only one in Canada to get them. Yep Gangster! You loco homme

naesco 08-17-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilumba (Post 541872)
No I don't own any of them but maybe onE day:) they are all deepwater Hawaiian fish. Some of them you probably won't see them in Canada unless I get them!

You know the extreme difficulties in keeping nautilus.
Why don't you see if you can keep one of them alive and if you are successful for a year or so add another one rather than going all out with 8 or so

chilumba 08-17-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naesco (Post 542053)
You know the extreme difficulties in keeping nautilus.
Why don't you see if you can keep one of them alive and if you are successful for a year or so add another one rather than going all out with 8 or so

That's actually not a bad idea in fact I just might do that. Didn't even think about that.

Thank You!

chilumba 08-17-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o.c.d. (Post 542044)
So why do you have a list of deep water Hawaiian fish on your profile? Is that like a hit list? You're a total Gangster! :2gunfire: and you may be the only one in Canada to get them. Yep Gangster! You loco homme

Yep you caught me LOL. Just my favorite deepwater Hawaiian fish I plan to own on day and hopefully breed some of them. And letting the captive bred ones for sale to canada first!