Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   The Reef Network (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Interest in Frag Auction (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64586)

christyf5 05-19-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowder (Post 519930)
How is that joker favia growing for you?

It was doing great until something stung it and it liquefied in a matter of hours. Not sure who the culprit was but it wasn't pretty. It was quite a distance from anything that I thought could sting it. I'm hoping I can find another one.

You still got that crazy purple bonsai?

Chowder 05-19-2010 01:35 AM

No lost that colony and all my other nice SPS to flat worms and not being able to controll the Alkilinity fluctuations when I was storing them at work. Just got my tank stable at home know and am starting back into SPS.

Chris

christyf5 05-19-2010 01:39 AM

Bummer. :neutral: I'll try to control myself at the auction so you can get some new stuff :razz:

Chowder 05-19-2010 01:58 AM

No buy what ever you like and can afford. There is a lot to go around I'm sure.

Chris

Jason McK 05-19-2010 02:13 AM

OK what we really need is a venue to hold all this at.

We could do an indoor/outdoor event. with the silent auction inside and the swap meet outside.

Anyone willing to hold such an event!

Chowder don't you have a brand new house :)

J

Chowder 05-19-2010 05:58 AM

I do but I don't think it is big enough to fit people in. My back yard consists of a deck and most likly will colapse if to many people are on it at the same time or atleast thats what the home inspecter suggested. Don't you have a nice big yard? I heard Franklyn is bustin to have it again.

Chris

TheKid 05-19-2010 06:06 AM

I remember Anthony mentioning in another post saying he'd be willing to host it.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 05-19-2010 07:33 AM

Yup, I can host it here & Irene already agreed to let our place become invaded by a school of reef-nuts.

I have a big deck (24' x 20') with most of it under cover (portable garage tarp-thingie).

I also have a big screen in the livingroom for posting pics for the silent auction.

My yard is big enough to hold 50-60 people easily.

Jason McK 05-19-2010 01:59 PM

Great Anthony is there a date free in June or early July?

J

SeaHorse_Fanatic 05-19-2010 05:18 PM

The Reef Network should run a poll or something to figure out the best dates for most interested parties, and I'll try to make sure we are available for one of those weekends. My summers are fairly open other than June 5-6th (Felicia's 2nd Birthday).

BTW, I'm centrally located in South Burnaby just off the Kensington exit from Hwy1 and within minutes of Queensborough and Pattulo so people from outside Vancouver can get here fairly quickly. It's in a cul-de-sac so best to mapquest or Googlemap or GPS the location.

Anthony