Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   reefing things I thought I would have learned by now (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48115)

lastlight 01-07-2009 01:56 PM

when I kept fromtosa I touched that rock. It broke leaving a small piece in my hands and 45 gallons rushing out the bottom.

christyf5 01-07-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 375209)
You just can't win with this. I kept looking in my tank, thinking "I should move that rock" , but no, I knew better. Never touch the rock, right? Well, the rock fell over, took a third of the tank with it. I shoulda touched the rock....

but if you'd touched the rock the same thing would have happened so you were really equally screwed on that one :razz:

christyf5 01-07-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 375234)
when I kept fromtosa I touched that rock. It broke leaving a small piece in my hands and 45 gallons rushing out the bottom.

Ooh, now thats definitely a worst case scenario :neutral:

lastlight 01-07-2009 03:42 PM

And I was on the 3rd floor of an apartment too!

fishoholic 01-07-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 375234)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 375249)
And I was on the 3rd floor of an apartment too!

Oh, that sucks!

We moved a rock to find a fish and now "surprise surprise" the rock would not go back where it belongs. We'll soon be touching lots of rocks, as we will be moving over all my angels to the new tank in a couple of days.

Delphinus 01-07-2009 05:17 PM

What I don't understand is how the tank looks worse everytime I move a rock. And if I move it back, it doesn't fit there anymore. And if it at least "sort of" fits, it looks worse there now than the spot it was just in that was worse than the first place. And if you move it back to the first spot you moved it to, it now looks even worse. And it doesn't fit THERE anymore either. It's like the jigsaw puzzle from hell. No matter what you do, it's worse. It's sort of like the "How many bikes are enough?" The correct answer is "one more." How will the tank look if you rearrange the slightest little thing? Worse.

Der_Iron_Chef 01-07-2009 05:21 PM

Here's something I thought I would have learned by now:

If I don't do regular water changes, my aquarium WILL look like crap.

OCDP 01-07-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef (Post 375263)
Here's something I thought I would have learned by now:

If I don't do regular water changes, my aquarium WILL look like crap.

Well, I no longer have a tank but the most important thing I thought I would have learned two times around was somewhat similar to yours.

If I do regular water changes with (conditioned) tap water my tank WILL look like crap. :rolleyes:

christyf5 01-07-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 375261)
What I don't understand is how the tank looks worse everytime I move a rock. And if I move it back, it doesn't fit there anymore. And if it at least "sort of" fits, it looks worse there now than the spot it was just in that was worse than the first place. And if you move it back to the first spot you moved it to, it now looks even worse. And it doesn't fit THERE anymore either. It's like the jigsaw puzzle from hell. No matter what you do, it's worse. It's sort of like the "How many bikes are enough?" The correct answer is "one more." How will the tank look if you rearrange the slightest little thing? Worse.

Bwhaah Tony, I totally agree. Everything in my tank has shifted now. I have little frag pucks all over the place to position everything as the puzzle didn't really fit back together at all, corals are touching and the pucks are keeping them about 1/4" apart at this point.

Man I can't wait for my new tank :razz:

awa1979 01-07-2009 11:51 PM

Well I touched that rock and ended up pulling all the rocks out and re doing the tank.

All because of a damn damsel.

Never cave in when a spouse wants a certain fish, damn damsel.