Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Manitoba (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Winnnipeggers? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31568)

Skimmerking 03-24-2007 03:50 AM

I think that Nigel could probably retired off me from the money that I have spent on Frags from him.....

:wink:

studsrsx 03-28-2007 05:43 PM

I'm on here too but post very little.

Mr James 08-19-2007 05:40 AM

I am new to the area, Thief River Falls, Minnesota (1.5 hours south of Winnipeg) and would love to join you guys if that is possible?? I am setting up a new system right now, so I don't have any livestock or anything to trade necessarily. Besides, I don't know what the regulations are at the border. If you guys need anything from down here, I can assist.

I am a regular on reefcentral, with the same name, Mr James. I am setting up a pair of 40g breeders, maybe a pair of 20g's, supported by a 70g sump. I'm done with SPS for a while (burnt out), but plan to try a few other things.

Skimmerking 08-19-2007 03:09 PM

Welcome there Mr James, to CANREEF:mrgreen:

littlesilvermax 08-19-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr James (Post 266707)
I am new to the area, Thief River Falls, Minnesota (1.5 hours south of Winnipeg) and would love to join you guys if that is possible?? I am setting up a new system right now, so I don't have any livestock or anything to trade necessarily. Besides, I don't know what the regulations are at the border. If you guys need anything from down here, I can assist.

I am a regular on reefcentral, with the same name, Mr James. I am setting up a pair of 40g breeders, maybe a pair of 20g's, supported by a 70g sump. I'm done with SPS for a while (burnt out), but plan to try a few other things.

So we could have stuff shipped to your place (then you can drool over it) and then next time one of us drive through we could pick it up?

Cool!

albert 08-19-2007 09:30 PM

Winnipeg reefers

I am just starting in saltwater as well, though I've had freshwater for a while. I also find it hard to find frags, I'm 200 km north of Winnipeg in Fisher Branch. I might be getting a new tank (220 gallon) if I can get over the pain (expense) of starting up another tank. It's 6 ft L x 30" h x 24" w. I am trying to decide if I should make this into a reef tank (kind of deep) or a FOWLR. What do you guys think?

littlesilvermax 08-20-2007 03:18 PM

Reef! Reef, reef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:mrgreen:

Mr James 09-07-2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlesilvermax (Post 266817)
So we could have stuff shipped to your place (then you can drool over it) and then next time one of us drive through we could pick it up?

Cool!

Yup!! Do it for my friends in Australia, Ireland and Sweden. I wait for everything to arrive and then package it all up in one box and ship it out. We trade items here and there. They send me stuff too. Neat things like car/motorcycle magazines, beer/wine, food (non-perishable of course), clothing. I think it is good to have friends all over the place!! I mostly like to see pictures of their areas.

Ship it to me and come get it at your leisure. PM me if you want to talk about it and I'll shoot you my phone number.

Mr James 09-07-2007 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albert (Post 266821)
I am just starting in saltwater as well, though I've had freshwater for a while. I also find it hard to find frags, I'm 200 km north of Winnipeg in Fisher Branch. I might be getting a new tank (220 gallon) if I can get over the pain (expense) of starting up another tank. It's 6 ft L x 30" h x 24" w. I am trying to decide if I should make this into a reef tank (kind of deep) or a FOWLR. What do you guys think?

Make a new post and lets talk about the pros and cons!!

Skimmerking 09-07-2007 03:00 AM

Just make sure the James gives you the right phone number right MR JAMES ...:lol: