Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122133)

GoFish 01-22-2017 11:25 PM

I don't think it contains Lanthanum Chloride or H2O2 but still not sure what the other 3.5% is. Maybe an algaecide?

davej 01-23-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFish (Post 1006667)
I don't think it contains Lanthanum Chloride or H2O2 but still not sure what the other 3.5% is. Maybe an algaecide?

From Reef2reef thread, looks to be RO/DI water

Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner Ingredients -

95% Cultured Bacteria Blend
1% Amino Acids (Aspartic Acid)
0.5% Vinegar - This is used as the preservative
3.5% Other Ingredients (RO/DI Water)

Sent you a PM about a bottle

GoFish 01-23-2017 04:42 AM

Hey Dave just replied I think there's one bottle left for you.

Hmmm Seeing RO/DI sounds familiar, the label on the bottle just says other ingredient I guess he forgot the last part at time of printing :wink:
Someone said it smells like eucalyptus but I can't smell anything

tang daddy 01-23-2017 07:50 PM

I am eager to see if anyone else has experienced results on an imbalance of using vibrant, I just skimmed through a thread on another forum about getting rid of bryopsis and saw that a few vibrant users had an imbalance in their reef and started getting Dino and cyano... I have only done 1 dose so far so too early to tell but am abit wary to continue long term use if this is the case.
Also I've read that it reduces nitrates but maybe I missed? Nothing that says phosphates...

Currently with the salifert test I show no nitrates but abit of phosphates, this should be a good thread to document what the positive and negative effects will do.

crimper 01-24-2017 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tang daddy (Post 1006724)
Also I've read that it reduces nitrates but maybe I missed? Nothing that says phosphates...

Funny, I started dosing Vibrant a couple of days ago, (Thanks Bryant). I have a fairly new grow-out/frag tank (far from matured) for quarantine and the tank's Nitrate is around 5ish ppm and Phosphate is 0.1 ppm. After a couple of days I noticed that my Nitrate drop to 2ppm and Phosphate down to 0.0ppm to my surprise, not sure if that's because of Vibrant or just a co-incidence. I also noticed that the water is more clearer now.

I will posts more update and observation after several doses.

Rogue951 01-25-2017 11:41 AM

So..... Where do you get this stuff in Vancouver?

kyl 01-25-2017 02:14 PM

You don't unless someone has an extra bottle. We've pretty much all bought this direct from the states.

rzadun 01-25-2017 03:05 PM

I ordered mine from Incredible Aquarium in ontario

Rogue951 01-25-2017 04:47 PM

Good thing I frequent Blaine then. Add to List time....

gmann 01-25-2017 05:29 PM

one of amazon/ ebay had it.