Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lights for my new 3ft...50g (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102718)

tim the toolman 11-27-2013 11:35 PM

I've got 2 of the it2080 on my 180 right now and I really do enjoy them. One of the main things I liked was the 3 year warranty. Also they come with all the fixing to mount them quite easily. I do see a small amount of disco ball effect where the light concentrates through the rockwork but it's minimal and I don't even notice it unless I get to staring for a while. I don't run much as far as sps is concerned but I do have a large quantity of lps and zoas/plays. They all seem to love the lighting and some have never looked better.
I am still yet to run the lights at 100% and even at 80% some of my fish were hesitant to go all the way to the surface for food.

That is all

nrosdal 11-28-2013 01:54 AM

T5s... Ewww:mrgreen:

Doug 11-28-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrosdal (Post 862017)

:lol:

Doug 11-28-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim the toolman (Post 861979)
I've got 2 of the it2080 on my 180 right now and I really do enjoy them. One of the main things I liked was the 3 year warranty. Also they come with all the fixing to mount them quite easily. I do see a small amount of disco ball effect where the light concentrates through the rockwork but it's minimal and I don't even notice it unless I get to staring for a while. I don't run much as far as sps is concerned but I do have a large quantity of lps and zoas/plays. They all seem to love the lighting and some have never looked better.
I am still yet to run the lights at 100% and even at 80% some of my fish were hesitant to go all the way to the surface for food.

That is all

Thanls

Doug 11-28-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrosdal (Post 862017)

Wellllllllllllllllllllll. You better come for coffee with a 2080 before I order the T-5, then its done.......:lol:

Doug 11-28-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim the toolman (Post 861979)

That is all

Does the ballast get warm? Are they cooled or require cooling

Skimmerking 11-28-2013 01:46 PM

Doug I would seriously talk with Coasting I talked to her on the phone a awhile back and what a amazing person to talk to and great advice from the LED light that she has.

Aquattro 11-28-2013 02:07 PM

You need to decide on what you really want out of lighting. Control or coral color. LED will give you better control. T5, better color. Ya, so you have to replace bulbs. Suck it up, cost of doing business.

reefwars 11-28-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 862115)
You need to decide on what you really want out of lighting. Control or coral color. LED will give you better control. T5, better color. Ya, so you have to replace bulbs. Suck it up, cost of doing business.

+1 to this

Skimmerking 11-28-2013 03:27 PM

i have the Mitras 6100 and I truely love it for what i can do to it the colors are loving my light it took a bit to get the corals used to it. But the Scollies love it and the Acans