Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Controller and Monitoring Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Magnet Algae Cleaners (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100175)

Trevor W 08-26-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperfish (Post 840890)
How thick is your tank Trevor?

3/8" and its got lots of strength still.
I tried the Triplex on a tank with 1/2" thick glass at the LFS and it worked great.

byee 11-23-2013 03:34 PM

Try contacting AlgaeFree about your problem.

I have the Hammerhead and TigerShark. My Hammerhead is 10+ years old and the other is about 3 years old. I had a problem with the cleaning side do the TigerShark taking on water. Contacted Algae Free and the sent me a replacement.

Great customer service!

IMO, they make the best cleaners out there!

Madreefer 11-23-2013 04:01 PM

Hey thanks I will do that. And I did get the hexplex Vertex and it doesn't even come close to the Hammerhead and I don't like it.

LoJack 11-23-2013 04:08 PM

I'm using the Flipper cleaner … and I'll never buy anything else ever again. Hands down the best one I've ever used.

I have a hammerhead Float sitting here too, but it hasn't been used since the flipper showed up. I haven't had to stick my hand in the tank to scrap coralline since the day it showed up.

They have stainless steel blades for glass … and plastic blades for acrylic tanks

intarsiabox 11-23-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJack (Post 860962)
I'm using the Flipper cleaner … and I'll never buy anything else ever again. Hands down the best one I've ever used.

I have a hammerhead Float sitting here too, but it hasn't been used since the flipper showed up. I haven't had to stick my hand in the tank to scrap coralline since the day it showed up.

They have stainless steel blades for glass … and plastic blades for acrylic tanks

How does the cleaning without the blade compare to the Hammerhead? I am in need of a new scraper and was looking at the Algae Free Piranha model as it will only be for a 29g.

LoJack 11-23-2013 04:41 PM

The cleaning is still good. They have a few different sizes depending on glass thickness.

I have the flipper for 1/2" glass … and its good. The magnet isn't nearly as strong as the magnet on my hammerhead … but it's still good enough for cleaning.

I find I use the blade side more often than not anyway. It scrapes your film algae, and your hard algaes so much better than any pad will.

IanWR 11-23-2013 05:13 PM

+1 on the flipper. I also just use the blade side now. Very easy, and i love the slim profile.

Madreefer 11-23-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byee (Post 860954)
Try contacting AlgaeFree about your problem.

I have the Hammerhead and TigerShark. My Hammerhead is 10+ years old and the other is about 3 years old. I had a problem with the cleaning side do the TigerShark taking on water. Contacted Algae Free and the sent me a replacement.

Great customer service!

IMO, they make the best cleaners out there!

Hey thanks again. I contacted them and a replacement is being sent to me.

byee 11-23-2013 06:43 PM

That's GREAT!

Great customer service!

seasalt_newbies 11-23-2013 08:53 PM

Where is the best place to get a hammerhead Cleaner in the Edmonton area and how much are they?

Thanks

Mike