Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Caribbean underwater pics (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72925)

PoonTang 02-18-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 592100)
Yeah right, Mr. Bahamas :mrgreen:

Exacly! I am still paying for the last trip and you just made me want to go back :(

fishytime 02-18-2011 01:11 PM

man....the reef fish and gorgs are cool, but all I can think about is the small pack of bonefish in that first pic.......wheres my flyrod?.....sweet pics Lance.

muck 02-18-2011 03:00 PM

Thanks for sharing Lance. :biggrin:

Treebeard 02-18-2011 06:16 PM

What dive shop did you go with and which sites did you dive? We spent a week in Akumal on Half Moon Bay in early January and went with Akumal Dive Adventures. We also did some dives from Isla Mujerus but the reefs were not nearly as nice as Akumal, however the fish variety was spectacular. We also saw some huge spotted eagle rays on a wreck dive. Hopefully next time I will have an underwater housing for my camera.

Lance 02-18-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treebeard (Post 592249)
What dive shop did you go with and which sites did you dive? We spent a week in Akumal on Half Moon Bay in early January and went with Akumal Dive Adventures. We also did some dives from Isla Mujerus but the reefs were not nearly as nice as Akumal, however the fish variety was spectacular. We also saw some huge spotted eagle rays on a wreck dive. Hopefully next time I will have an underwater housing for my camera.

Unfortunately, we didn't do any diving at Akumal. (I developed an inner ear problem a week into our stay and wasn't supposed to dive) We only snorkeled at the south beach, didn't get to Half Moon Bay, but from what I've heard about it I'll definitely be back. I heard quite a bit about the Yal-Ku Lagoon as well. Did you happen to go there?

lastlight 02-18-2011 10:33 PM

Cool shots man!

It's funny...it was seeing sergeant majors in mexico that finally pushed me to get a tank! Then of course I discovered that nobody really keeps them in reefs except mother nature :biggrin:

lorenz0 02-18-2011 11:20 PM

seems like alot of people go to xelha alot. Its cool and the fish are huge

did you make it over to cozumel?

Lance 02-18-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenz0 (Post 592316)
seems like alot of people go to xelha alot. Its cool and the fish are huge

did you make it over to cozumel?

No, but I will one day.

Doug 02-18-2011 11:52 PM

Thanks Lance. Nice pics.

shootingstar 02-19-2011 01:44 AM

Thanks for posting the pics, we did Playa Del Carmen in 04 and it was still pretty good then.
Although if you want to do an awsome dive trip you simply have to dive Roatan.
Not only is it one of the best spots to dive.....will run you almost half ($)what Mexico will.