Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lighting Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Ecotech Marine’s Radion XR30w wins the 2011 Reef Builders LED showdown (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81966)

badAZZlars 01-12-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclesalty (Post 670306)
The Radion doesn't have to worry about competition from the AI. The Vertex Illumina maybe but definately not the AI

Why do you make this statement? There seem to be alot of people happy with the AI fixtures. Have you tried them both?

cale262 01-12-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 670358)
All reviews of the Radions are balogna.

No one who just spent thousands of dollars would admit that they made the wrong decision and say they the lights are no good.

On the other side of the coin, by the same above standard, anyone owning AI would also be a biased fanboi.

cale262 01-12-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badAZZlars (Post 670363)
Why do you make this statement? There seem to be alot of people happy with the AI fixtures. Have you tried them both?

Anyone I've talked to whom has owned and used both has stated the Radion is the better of the two...including unclesalty.

cale262 01-12-2012 03:03 PM

This whole "Coke" vs "Pepsi" argument is getting old, to the point of being pathetic...That's all this has become. Buy the fixture you can afford with the features you require, enough said.

mseepman 01-12-2012 03:07 PM

AI has new units coming out...I'm surprised that they have taken this long. I saw them at MACNA and they were quite nice. Used the XM-L chips, nice software and everything.

I also really liked the look of the Maxspect. I know there's been good and bad reviews from purchasers...but the same could be said of the Radion.

MarkoD 01-12-2012 03:08 PM

I have both radion and ai at the moment and I can truly say I'd rather have 2 ai over 1 radion.

badAZZlars 01-12-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cale262 (Post 670368)
This whole "Coke" vs "Pepsi" argument is getting old, to the point of being pathetic...That's all this has become. Buy the fixture you can afford with the features you require, enough said.

Agreed, but i'm waiting on the AI Phoenix/Vega to come out before I make any decisions on LED's. Should apparently be soon but the release keeps getting pushed.

cale262 01-12-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoD (Post 670371)
I have both radion and ai at the moment and I can truly say I'd rather have 2 ai over 1 radion.

And that's your personal choice...For me the AI doesn't offer any of the features I want (wireless, spectrums etc.), That's my choice and not a mistake as you previously elude to...given the choice again, with the currently available fixtures I would still choose the Radion over the AI product. As a matter of fact I just bought two more Radion fixtures.

unclesalty 01-12-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badAZZlars (Post 670363)

Yes I have owned them both and I also own a par meter! Nothing wrong with the AI but the Radion is just a better all-round fixture with nicer spectrum and features.

MarkoD 01-12-2012 03:42 PM

I don't want to argue. But I've had the radion for over a week now. And all those "features" that it has seems like they were made for 12 year olds to think they're cool. I still think thunderstorms are pointless and stupid.

My main concern is to grow corals. Not having a disco in my fish tank