Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Canreef 6 Month Nano Tank Contest.... (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45179)

rocketlily 09-23-2008 03:35 AM

I would like to join in on this. I also think the 20 - 30 gal is too easy. I think the 5.5 or the 10 gal would be more of a challenge.

christyf5 09-23-2008 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michika (Post 347056)
I can help out if it we can get some interest and some mod. support.

I'm in, what do you need?:biggrin:

Edit: I mean "I'm in" as in I'll help. I'd love to participate but my husband will kill me if I set up another tank :razz:

JDigital 09-23-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 347095)
I'm in, what do you need?:biggrin:

Edit: I mean "I'm in" as in I'll help. I'd love to participate but my husband will kill me if I set up another tank :razz:

Just tell him its a small one this time... :lol: If we get enough people interested, it would be great to have a mod willing to organize threads, maybe create a sub-sub section for the contest build threads instead of adding 10-20 new threads to the already busy tank journal subsection. etc...

We will have to see how many are interested though.

christyf5 09-23-2008 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 347097)
Just tell him its a small one this time... :lol: If we get enough people interested, it would be great to have a mod willing to organize threads, maybe create a sub-sub section for the contest build threads instead of adding 10-20 new threads to the already busy tank journal subsection. etc...

We will have to see how many are interested though.

I can do the forum/organization thing, just let me know when you have everyone organized and I can start a forum with threads and such.

michika 09-23-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 347095)

I guess you will be living vicariously through someone!

Alright so shall we set the limit at say 20g display or 20g total volume?

Next up I suppose we need a head count on participants

JDigital 09-23-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michika (Post 347102)
I guess you will be living vicariously through someone!

Alright so shall we set the limit at say 20g display or 20g total volume?

Next up I suppose we need a head count on participants

If there is an overwhelming number of people who don't want to go as small as I originally posted, we will have to come up with something else. I'd really like to keep it at 5.5G & 10G Stock AGA tank (I personally don't have room for another 20G lol) . Remember this is for FUN and meant to be done on a budget.. :wink:

michika 09-23-2008 04:02 AM

My google-fu is super weak tonight, I need some image links please to the AGA tanks.

JDigital 09-23-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michika (Post 347104)
My google-fu is super weak tonight, I need some image links please to the AGA tanks.

All Glass Aquarium. :mrgreen:

http://www.danoreef.com/images/5.5_aga_tank.JPG.gif

BTW, here is the link to the Original Nano Reef thread... has links to everyones tank builds, etc so you have a better idea what I'm trying to go for with our version. :)

Chaloupa 09-23-2008 04:19 AM

I gotta say my little 2.5g was totally fun, a challenge and it was really pretty...I like the idea of a 5g...it is supposed to be on the cheap side to do, and hard to maintain. I don't have room either for a 10g build...but a 2.5-5.g or so would be easy!

JDigital 09-23-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaloupa (Post 347113)
I gotta say my little 2.5g was totally fun, a challenge and it was really pretty...I like the idea of a 5g...it is supposed to be on the cheap side to do, and hard to maintain. I don't have room either for a 10g build...but a 2.5-5.g or so would be easy!

Shall I mark you down for a 5.5G then? :wink: