Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So you want to add an angelfish to your reef?? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124669)

Myka 11-07-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titus (Post 1020377)
Hello

Wow that's quite a bit of damage. Imagine what happens if it nibs on your finger.

Titus

:lol:

albert_dao 11-07-2017 02:48 PM

Soft coral reef for round two? Best of both world:

1. you get to keep your angel.
2. you get to upgrade to the best corals in the hobby, bar none.

Animal-Chin 11-07-2017 04:21 PM

I have this awesome gorgonia and like 4 days ago my Blue Tang decides to start nipping at it! A tang? What a world...:lol:

straightrazorguy 11-07-2017 09:17 PM

Sorry about you multibar trouble Mindy! I have owned a multibar for a couple of years now. I bought it as a juvenile (loonie-size) and he started eating frozen in quarantine. He does nip at SPS, especially Pocillopora and Cyphastrea, but doesn't seem to do do any damage. For over a year my millis had o polyp extension during the day, but now they are coming around. I feel for you, because I love both my multibar and my SPS. It would be a tough choice...

tang daddy 11-07-2017 09:31 PM

Ok now this scares me, Lps I don’t mind nipping but my sps oh no... although the blue face is most interested in the pellets, that’s all he knows for now, mysis he will pick at abit. I will have to keep a close eye on him.

Sorry about your losses.

Myka 11-08-2017 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albert_dao (Post 1020382)
Soft coral reef for round two? Best of both world:

1. you get to keep your angel.
2. you get to upgrade to the best corals in the hobby, bar none.

Bahahahaha ha! !!! Uh....SPS are the ONLY corals! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal-Chin (Post 1020385)
I have this awesome gorgonia and like 4 days ago my Blue Tang decides to start nipping at it! A tang? What a world...:lol:

Oh yeah, but Hippos are like the least reef safe Tangs there are. They are bad fishies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straightrazorguy (Post 1020392)
Sorry about you multibar trouble Mindy! I have owned a multibar for a couple of years now. I bought it as a juvenile (loonie-size) and he started eating frozen in quarantine. He does nip at SPS, especially Pocillopora and Cyphastrea, but doesn't seem to do do any damage. For over a year my millis had o polyp extension during the day, but now they are coming around. I feel for you, because I love both my multibar and my SPS. It would be a tough choice...

Lucky you found such a little one!!! I'm not willing to give up PE for an Angelfish. I was hoping I'd get lucky. He's happy now in a really big tank so I guess we both win. He's a $1500 fish now... :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tang daddy (Post 1020394)
Ok now this scares me, Lps I don’t mind nipping but my sps oh no... although the blue face is most interested in the pellets, that’s all he knows for now, mysis he will pick at abit. I will have to keep a close eye on him.

Sorry about your losses.

A Blueface??? Ok you're just plain nuts... :eek:

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Dez 11-09-2017 05:16 PM

Sorry to hear Mindy

I’ve had my majestic angel in my tank for close to 8 years now. I’ve been fortunate. I put it in my frag tank for close to a month to monitor it to make sure it wasn’t a nipper. I also put a clam in there. So far so good. He is the biggest fish in the tank.

Myka 11-10-2017 03:32 AM

Hi Dez!!!! Long time no see! I'm glad to hear your Majestic is still behaving!

Dez 11-10-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1020487)
Hi Dez!!!! Long time no see! I'm glad to hear your Majestic is still behaving!

Yes, it has been a while. The majestic angel is doing great, however, corals on the other hand have had a tad bit more damage than your angel did on your tank.....

Dez 11-10-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dez (Post 1020499)
Yes, it has been a while. The majestic angel is doing great, however, corals on the other hand have had a tad bit more damage than your angel did on your tank.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...942b36d4eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk