Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   RO Water Shut off saftey (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=127394)

Frogger 12-31-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherd (Post 1033051)

I don't like their slogan of "setting and forgetting". I can think of a bunch of problems I have run into on my tanks because I set and forgot.

Craigdillman 12-31-2018 11:46 PM

Yea It sucks relying on such a cheap piece of equipment but how is there no other solution other than setting a timer , like my barrels are like 50g and i dont empty them all the way before refilling them so such a hassle to always be setting timers

Was kinda figuring there would be an upgraded float switch or like electric eye i could tie into a solenoid to cut the water that was more reliable then a float switch

Funny cause prob 60% of reefers have RO set ups into a brute can or barrel but no one has a good solution for this

Craigdillman 01-01-2019 12:01 AM

[Unauthorized link]

I think i found the solution everything that i was looking for

Craigdillman 01-04-2019 08:49 PM

[Still Unauthorized Links :lol: Please Check Sponsor List]

Here is what we are all looking for :)

sorry about previous link

W1ngz 01-06-2019 07:05 PM

I run flood sensors on my home automation system. Sensors under the dishwasher, behind toilets, near the washer and... next to the RO system.

Any water detected at these areas immediately activates an electric actuator on the main inlet gate valve cutting all water.

TimT 01-07-2019 05:02 PM

I've used these for 15+ yrs without issue in sumps on various systems.

Trough-O-Matic Stock Tank Float Valve with Plastic Housing

You need to replace the pivot pin with plexiglas 1/8" rod and use nylon bolts into plexi support to attach the float valve to container.

One thing to note about leak detectors, most rely on the water being conductive. RO/DI water is not conductive as it has no minerals.

Cheers,
Tim

Bri-Guy 01-08-2019 01:44 AM

What about the XP Aqua RO/DI flood guardian?
It appears to be exactly what is wished for here. I have pre-ordered one, looks to do exactly what I want. Make water in a brute, with sensors to shut the RO off when it gets to the set full level.

I like the description, "marriage saver".
I think I saw ReefDudes had a review of this.

dino 01-08-2019 02:49 PM

I have used a cheap plastic float valve on gravity systems for 8 years with auto top off ,my pond and rodi systems without any issues at all. not fancy but effective and cheap

Craigdillman 01-08-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bri-Guy (Post 1033225)
What about the XP Aqua RO/DI flood guardian?
It appears to be exactly what is wished for here. I have pre-ordered one, looks to do exactly what I want. Make water in a brute, with sensors to shut the RO off when it gets to the set full level.

I like the description, "marriage saver".
I think I saw ReefDudes had a review of this.

Yup 100000% just ordered one as well , I don’t know why I didn’t search around earlier

Craigdillman 01-08-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 1033235)
I have used a cheap plastic float valve on gravity systems for 8 years with auto top off ,my pond and rodi systems without any issues at all. not fancy but effective and cheap

Yeah and that’s what I was using till all of a sudden it failed, thank god I was home cause I usually left it over the weekend and shit cause never had an issue