Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Product Review and Equipment Forum (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Concepts Aquariums (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121874)

WarDog 01-08-2017 04:28 AM

I've never seen a Concepts tank with zero bubbles. Personally I've never been impressed by them.

Myka 01-08-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 1005486)
I've never seen a Concepts tank with zero bubbles. Personally I've never been impressed by them.

You should see mine. No bubbles.

warriorcookie 01-08-2017 05:18 PM

Mitered corners are hot, but expensive.

Ram3500 01-08-2017 10:33 PM

If I was to give rating from 1-10 on my Concept tank I would give it a rating of 8 . They did a good job but their work on the silicone was far from perfect and the glass is off in the corners. My tank is a few years old now so I'm sure they have improved at their trade.My biggest disappointment was I ordered black silicone and when the tank arrived it was clear. Always important listening to your customers. I hate looking at algae growing on silicone. If I get another tank in the future I don't think I would order from them. I would like to see what I am getting in person before I fork out my cash.

DKoKoMan 01-09-2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram3500 (Post 1005534)
If I was to give rating from 1-10 on my Concept tank I would give it a rating of 8 . They did a good job but their work on the silicone was far from perfect and the glass is off in the corners. My tank is a few years old now so I'm sure they have improved at their trade.My biggest disappointment was I ordered black silicone and when the tank arrived it was clear. Always important listening to your customers. I hate looking at algae growing on silicone. If I get another tank in the future I don't think I would order from them. I would like to see what I am getting in person before I fork out my cash.

Did they not address the issue (ie discount or re-silicone). Would make sense if that was on the original order.

Scythanith 01-09-2017 04:00 AM

It's easy to offer a discount but that still leaves a sour taste in ones mouth. I like Rams' description.

Scythanith 01-09-2017 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1005496)
You should see mine. No bubbles.

But you specifically requested that :) I remember.

DKoKoMan 01-09-2017 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scythanith (Post 1005553)
It's easy to offer a discount but that still leaves a sour taste in ones mouth. I like Rams' description.

Ya that is a deciding factor for future purchases. I still think it is important to be compensated if a mistake was made. :razz:

Scythanith 01-09-2017 04:29 AM

I just want to make sure it's known that I like their tanks :) I just think it's important to be very specific on what you want an be very straightforward that you will not take any less.

Things like zero bubble silicon (clear or black), mitred glass edges (exactly which edges), one piece eurobrace, starfire glass, black glass for the overflow instead of acrylic (acrylic warps and is tough to keep clean), Inset area for acrylic overflow teeth, etc.

There are so many options that you have to specify and pay for. If you don't ask for it you won't get it.

I have ordered large tanks and small tanks from them. I get what I asked for but no more lol. I will continue to order from them :)

DKoKoMan 01-09-2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scythanith (Post 1005560)
I just want to make sure it's known that I like their tanks :) I just think it's important to be very specific on what you want an be very straightforward that you will not take any less.

Things like zero bubble silicon (clear or black), mitred glass edges (exactly which edges), one piece eurobrace, starfire glass, black glass for the overflow instead of acrylic (acrylic warps and is tough to keep clean), Inset area for acrylic overflow teeth, etc.

There are so many options that you have to specify and pay for. If you don't ask for it you won't get it.

I have ordered large tanks and small tanks from them. I get what I asked for but no more lol. I will continue to order from them :)

Lol isn't that the truth!