Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Darn economy! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48876)

Ryan 01-29-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer (Post 382252)
???

LOL...I wouldn't even be able to guess what this means.

I know you BC boys dont really focus on the oilfield do ya? Oilfield basically runs the alberta economy. A falling oilfield means a falling economy. Look at southern Alberta compared to northern alberta.

GreenSpottedPuffer 01-29-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 382253)
I know you BC boys dont really focus on the oilfield do ya? Oilfield basically runs the alberta economy. A falling oilfield means a falling economy. Look at southern Alberta compared to northern alberta.

Hahahaha! No I do know that but I didn't even know you were talking about the oilfield :D

Powertec 01-29-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 382253)

We'll your Northern Alberta might be doing great but mine isn't. I am in Fort Mac and was part of the Suncor Layoffs. But was fortunate enough to get another one job. But let me tell you it is not pretty up here. There is next to nothing going on around here nor will there be for awhile.

Ryan 01-29-2009 10:56 PM

Ya I heard they are shutting down the oil sands. Here in Grande Prairie we have been oing pretty hard.

We are lucky alot of our customers are willing to wait a few days for our truck. They say its worth it. Our other shop in Red Deer alot of the guy have been coming up here on jobs. Seen more RD trucks in the yard then ever before. I think at one time we had half our Coil Rigs here. Pretty shocking when in GP we only have 1 Coil rig and 2 n2 pumpers.

i have crabs 01-29-2009 11:33 PM

i work in construction insulating houses and havnt had a day off in a while, people keep telling me im going out of business but so far ive been good. i dont think the drunks will do ok but people who actually work will.

bignose 01-30-2009 01:24 AM

The economy changed so fast. I knew it was going to happen but not like this!

digital-audiophile 01-30-2009 01:29 AM

The downturn in oil and gas is crappy right now but that`s the way she goes, up and down. It seems that everytime there is a boom and people are buying million dollar homes and RV`s and race cars that they forgot about the last bust :p

My company should make it through in the end, we have good strong financial backing from our Japanese parent company, but who knows.. I might be standing in line at the soup kitchen before the end of the year myself.

fkshiu 01-30-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyB (Post 382204)
I just heard on the news yesterday that Calgary has the best economy in the World. (First Canada, then Calgary, is the best in Canada).

Funny, that's what our local politicians are saying about Vancouver as well :)

Electric eel 01-30-2009 01:56 AM

If people would just stop watching the news there would be no economic meltdown! Its all caused by media hype.

traco 01-30-2009 02:27 AM

Sorry to hear about job losses on the forum here. Logging industry sucks, well more like a dinosaur, pretty much extinct for us. :(