Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Paypal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100840)

kien 09-19-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magickiwi (Post 846254)
I've used PayPal for untold thousands of dollars of transactions and I've never heard that I've spent too much money and now need to add a bank account...

I suspect you may have been mislead somehow...

I'm with you, I've transacted a lot of money through paypal and have never been told that I've reached any limit ? Unless of course you meant that the limit on y our Credit Card on file was reached :-) That can happen without PayPal though :lol:

michika 09-19-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thmh (Post 846241)
Have no fear! We take EMT:-)

~Tony

Don't forget EMTs, assuming you're talking about Interact, only serve the major BANKS. They do not have an interface for credit unions or the non-big five. EMTs aren't a solution/alternative if you don't already use a large bank.

Proteus 09-19-2013 09:46 PM

8 years with bank acct and CC on pay pal. Never had a issue

sphelps 09-19-2013 09:51 PM

Never had that request either but I did have my bank account attached once a few years ago. One month a had an issue, some payments where being drawing out my account multiple times and it was a HUGE issue to sort out so I've since disconnected the account. The bank was literally no help at all in the matter, they won't typically take care of these issues like your CC company will. Plus with paypal issues you usually have to deal with them directly which usually isn't easy.

braid11 09-19-2013 09:58 PM

I too have used PayPal for thousands of dollars over many years. I have attached bank accounts and CCs. Never had an issue. When I buy or sell anything, I first put money into my PayPal account, and use it. I've never had PayPal draw direct from the accounts.

Tom

reefme 09-19-2013 10:06 PM

I created a $800.00 limit CC. For buying online. That's all they get. If they don't want it tough luck.

carnut 09-19-2013 10:57 PM

I set up a seperate account just for paypal. unrelated to any other of my accounts and keep 10 dollars in it. There is no bank charges except for withdrawals i never do If something should happen i'm out 10 bucks

reefme 09-19-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnut (Post 846277)
I set up a seperate account just for paypal. unrelated to any other of my accounts and keep 10 dollars in it. There is no bank charges except for withdrawals i never do If something should happen i'm out 10 bucks

That's what I was planning to do.

Skimmerking 09-19-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 846256)
I'm with you, I've transacted a lot of money through paypal and have never been told that I've reached any limit ? Unless of course you meant that the limit on y our Credit Card on file was reached :-) That can happen without PayPal though :lol:

I have bought thousands too on Skimmers on PP never heard of that ....

The Guy 09-19-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michika (Post 846258)
Don't forget EMTs, assuming you're talking about Interact, only serve the major BANKS. They do not have an interface for credit unions or the non-big five. EMTs aren't a solution/alternative if you don't already use a large bank.

I use Aldergrove credit union here in Langley for EMT's, most credit unions offer the service. :wink: