Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   fijireefrock.com (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   triple pump doser 2nd group buy with photos (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82974)

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-13-2012 11:34 PM

For all those who have already purchased on the second group buy,I just send you an email with confirmation on your payment.
Shipping starts a couple days after the end of the group buy unless the manufacturer says otherwise.

Reefie 02-14-2012 12:58 AM

Any idea when this 2nd Group Buy is going to end and when shipping starts?

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-14-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefie (Post 681929)
Any idea when this 2nd Group Buy is going to end and when shipping starts?

I thought I had it on the 1st post oops my bad its on March 2nd unless we meet the total purchase from the manufacturer witch I believe are getting close.
For some reason I cannot seem to find the edit button on any of my posts? well except for this one.Moderators?

Reefie 02-14-2012 02:07 AM

One other quick question, I've been reading on RC about these dosers. Have they tested to see if the doser can be mounted vertically? Meaning having the LCD display facing you, I'd want to mount this on a wall. One of the comments from the manufacturer was that they have not tested the unit to run vertically.

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-14-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefie (Post 681959)
One other quick question, I've been reading on RC about these dosers. Have they tested to see if the doser can be mounted vertically? Meaning having the LCD display facing you, I'd want to mount this on a wall. One of the comments from the manufacturer was that they have not tested the unit to run vertically.

I never had anyone ask me that question I will talk to the manufacturer tonight and find out for you.In my opinion I don't see why not as long as the lines are not cramped (but that's only my observation)

Reefie 02-14-2012 02:33 AM

Hi Eli,

Could you also ask them for the output dosing specs? Such as on, how many seconds per 1ml for Speed1, Speed2, Speed3, Speed4? On my little BC29, I'd only be dosing 5ml of each of the 2-part, so I'm trying to figure out how long to dose each mixture to achieve 5ml.

Thanks!

htfn 02-14-2012 03:58 AM

I am also interested in this great offer, but I am not sure where I can get Alkalinity, Calcium and Magnesium in Vancouver area. LFS has two part but not individual.
My total volume of water is aprox 120Gal in mixed reef tank. Anyone tell me how to calculate how much those chemical do I have to dose?
Sorry about stupid question but I dont wanna make a stupid mistake. Im a little bit nurvous about changing system.
Thanks

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-14-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htfn (Post 682021)
I am also interested in this great offer, but I am not sure where I can get Alkalinity, Calcium and Magnesium in Vancouver area. LFS has two part but not individual.
My total volume of water is aprox 120Gal in mixed reef tank. Anyone tell me how to calculate how much those chemical do I have to dose?
Sorry about stupid question but I dont wanna make a stupid mistake. Im a little bit nurvous about changing system.
Thanks

There is no stupid question about reefing,its all about new learning.most people are scared of the calculations behind dosing,but ounce you get it you will find it very simple,I could do the calculations for if you like.As for high pharmaceutical grade chemicals check out caco3reef.com

eli@fijireefrock.com 02-14-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefie (Post 681983)
Hi Eli,

Could you also ask them for the output dosing specs? Such as on, how many seconds per 1ml for Speed1, Speed2, Speed3, Speed4? On my little BC29, I'd only be dosing 5ml of each of the 2-part, so I'm trying to figure out how long to dose each mixture to achieve 5ml.

Thanks!

There is a spec sheet in the doser box that tells you the ratio for each speed and timing.

braid11 02-15-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elias@caco3reef.com (Post 681894)
For all those who have already purchased on the second group buy,I just send you an email with confirmation on your payment.
Shipping starts a couple days after the end of the group buy unless the manufacturer says otherwise.

Somehow I got missed. I did not get an email, or I accidently deleted it or something. I paid by paypal during the first order, just after it ended early.

Tom Braidwood