Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

gregzz4 12-02-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 655639)
For the record, worked till past 5:30am went to bed at 6 and got a call from a fishie friend at 9:30am so I'm up and working on the dang computer again at 9:55am. Have to edit papers half asleep and out of focus because I DON'T dare put in my contacts so soon after taking them out.

Can't sleep...mind won't shut down. I'm too excited about our new carpet and then our new Saltwater tank.
Went to bed @ midnight Tues, woke up @ 1:30. Fell asleep @ 6am, got up @ 11. Stayed up all day so I could sleep that night.
Went to bed @ midnight Wed, woke up @ 1:00. Took sleeping pill @ 4:30, fell asleep by 6am, was woke up @ 9:00 by BCA member.
Too excited about picking up new skimmer and pump...then bought RO unit. Went online to buy parts....now it's nearing 9pm and 6 beers.
Hope I sleep. This soon-to-come saltwater tank is gonna be the death of me :mrgreen:

gregzz4 12-02-2011 04:02 AM

OK, it's official.....as others have already stated, I'm nuts :lol:
We're putting in new carpet, it's nearly X-mas, I'm unemployed, and I have just spent over $1000 on gear for my up-coming FOWLER.
But hey, it is money that came from selling my Freshwater gear, so it's OK, right?
RIGHT? :loco:

The Grizz 12-02-2011 04:43 AM

In the last 2 months I have had 6 - 36+ hr days, not from excitement of new things and such but all work. So you still have a little catching up to do :lol:

gregzz4 12-02-2011 05:01 AM

I'm almost getting used to the short sleeps.
But it's showing on my face. Black circles and bags.
I just hope my heart stands up to it.
We're not as young as we used to be, right?
Oh well, at least the wife still loves me, right Donna? Donna?
Where the hell is she :biggrin:

God, I gotta find a new job. I'm goin' stir-crazy
If it wasn't for the new FOWLR project, I mighta gone bonkers

gregzz4 12-02-2011 05:10 AM

Oh, BTW Grizz...
It's Greg, right?
I have pulled more than one 27hr shift in the shop and then have put cutting wheels half-way through my boots.
I like my sleep

gregzz4 12-02-2011 06:07 AM

Ya, I'm posting again....
Goddamned Canada Post....
All they give you is 'Parcel arrived @ shipping' so-and-so, with no tracking stating where it is. Then the next is the arrival date.
Nothing in between.
What's the point of Canada Post Tracking ?

The Grizz 12-02-2011 08:02 AM

All this talk about not being able to sleep & guess what I CAN'T GET TO SLEEP DAMN IT!!!!

Well I guess this will make 7 - 36+ hr days in the last 2 months. :surprise:

Lampshade 12-02-2011 08:06 AM

I do the 36 hour once every 10 days with my work scedule and watching the kids, save money in daycare, but wow, takes a day or 2 to get over.

The Grizz 12-02-2011 08:15 AM

Even harder to recoup when you can't take a day to just veg out. Monday - Friday work to pay the bills, Saturday & Sunday work on the " honey to-do list ", work / play with the Huskies, acreage yard work ( all year round ), tank maintainance, work on other peoples tanks / stands. Just not enough hrs in the day.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 12-02-2011 08:21 AM

Sleep deprivation is a normal state of affair for me. I haven't hit REM sleep in ages. Unfortunately, my students consider texting me at 4 or 5 in the morning to be ok. This time of year, no days off and minimal sleep is normal.

Yesterday, I was sooooo tired, I had an energy drink so I could finish the last few hours of editing work. Didn't help so I had a Red Bull. Finished very early, by 11:30am, but the Red Bull kicked in big time and I couldn't wind down until 6:30am. Then an unnamed fishie friend calls me at 10:30am. Awesome.

At least I used the time to change out my return pump, clean my skimmer, top off my ATO container, do some dosing, and clean the glass. Did more maintenance on Red Bull than I had time to do for the last few weeks.

Anthony