Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Myka's 90 gallon build & 3 province move (Pics Feb 6) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52501)

fishytime 06-23-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 430426)
Ok, either you've been paying attention to the fish I have on my want list, or you're a lucky guesser!! I will have a female Bellus as soon as I find a healthy specimen. :D

Or she cheated and checked our website:twised::wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 430426)
The second guess... DING! DING! Trying to get a pic now...s/he is swimming out in front already. Acclimated easily in the bag too. Wasn't even panting when it arrived.

In the meantime while I'm trying to get a pic of the BLUE ASSESSOR (yay!), here's a few to look at. I'm experimenting with camera settings and I think I'm finally winning now.

Glad the assessor arrived in good shape. *in fashion/hair stylist/designer guy type voice* "And we figured if shes gonna have a blue assessor in her reef, she's gonna need some assessories...and what better assessories for a blue assessor than blues zoas...it'll be fabulous."

Great pics btw

Myka 06-23-2009 07:02 PM

Hahahahaha Doug!! You guys have Bellus Angels too??

Tony, I agree 100% with you! Luckily the tank is not filled all the way yet. :o I was SOOOOOO not ready to have the Jawfish. I tried to pawn it off on other people here, but the local store just got a shipment of them in, and they're eating and all happy (and cheaper I heard!), so why would anyone want this one? He lived in a tupperware container with a PVC pipe for 3 days before I gave up trying to find a home for him. He was ordered for someone else on the group order, and when that person cancelled their order the vendor cancelled all but the Jawfish. So, since I picked up the order I am stuck with it (along with paying for it lol). It absolutely was not my intent to put a Jawfish in the tank right now. I just didn't have any more options. :( I do thank you for your concern though. :o I wasn't planning on adding sand for another month at least, but now I have this Jawfish... :mmph:

Ok, off to work. Cheerio! :p

Delphinus 06-23-2009 07:07 PM

10g tank, 3-4" of sand/rubble, couple pieces smallish rock, an aquaclear and and an open-topped but closed-sided tallish canopy. :)

Myka 06-23-2009 07:12 PM

As simple as that sounds, that would involve catching the Jawfish in a 90 gallon tank with 153 lbs of live rock in it. Not gonna happen... :mmph: He does flounce around the surface sometimes though, so maybe I could scoop him then. I will try, but right now I must hurry off to work.

globaldesigns 06-23-2009 08:51 PM

Myka, I must say a very nice tank! Love the frags...

sharuq1 06-23-2009 09:25 PM

That blue is sure purdy

noirsphynx 06-24-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 430436)
Or she cheated and checked our website:twised::wink:

Heehee:mrgreen: busted but only on the Assessor, I really did just guess the Bellus but would have never thought about it if I hadn't had one myself.

Myka 06-24-2009 05:26 AM

Thanks for the comments globaldesigns and sharuq. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by noirsphynx (Post 430434)
My Kole was the same way to ALL new fish. I used a mirror to deter him for a few days and it worked like a charm everytime.

Good call! The only mirror I have is one that comes with the flip up pressed powder makeup. It's only about 2 1/2" round, and I didn't think it was big enough to do the trick, but WOWZERS my Kole HATES himself!! I might have to remove the mirror to give him a break! :lol:

Delphinus 06-24-2009 05:27 AM

"You handsome jerk!!!"

Leah 06-24-2009 12:46 PM

Myka the tank looks great, glad to hear the little C is doing well after its rather rough trip
in the sand bucket. Opp's at least he made it. Can't wait to see the new fish photo's.
Have you managed to sell the extra rock yet? Looking forward to photo's with sand too!
Have you found the emeralds yet?