Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

lorenz0 09-18-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 637013)
Nice. If you guys know of Datsik...you know of Excision? Old buddy of mine from years ago. I remember his first set, "How'd I do? Was I ok?" Hehe, times have changed!

no way, forgot you were from BC. But ya I have seen excision a couple of time, last time I swear my ear drums were going to blow. If I recall there were a few issues with the big 4 building due to all of the bass. The building was shaking. I just listened to Excisions new ep that was released on beatport a few days ago, not bad, for sure like it alot better than his older stuff.

As for datsik... this is a first time. I honestly like his style a bit more, I find it a bit less random and a bit more composed.

I can rant on about music for hours, a friend called me last night asking about a song that he couldn't remember the name of and that conversation went on for an hour. I love music more than my reef tank... well and anything.

But ya levi, you should come. that show is going to be a banger. I'm going to skrillex to but I have seen him 3 times and aoki puts on a way better show

Myka 09-18-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenz0 (Post 637020)
no way, forgot you were from BC. But ya I have seen excision a couple of time, last time I swear my ear drums were going to blow. If I recall there were a few issues with the big 4 building due to all of the bass. The building was shaking. I just listened to Excisions new ep that was released on beatport a few days ago, not bad, for sure like it alot better than his older stuff.

Ew, I don't like that new track X-Rated at all. That's his first release after signing with Mau5trap (Deadmau5 label). I like his old school stuff...he sounded different than everyone else back then. X-Rated doesn't even sound like Excision...sounds way too mainstream for me. :neutral:

My favorites are still Skream and Rusko. Who can beat Cockney Thug or Oskilatah...all-time best dubstep EVAR. Music video for Oskilatah FTW!

lorenz0 09-18-2011 03:41 PM

I noticed he got signed with mau5trap last night. Good for him, thats honestly the best thing that anyone could ever ask for. The have signed some sweet artist in the past year (zomboy, feed me). And I agree x-rated isn't that great. My favorite one on there is the underground or SEXism with Skism, dirty f'ing tune. He does have some old tunes that I absolutely love.. Swagger with datsik is an all time favorite.

Rusko is awesome... Nero is a million times better. When they released Innocence I was instantly hooked. Got to see them for the first time 2 months ago and out of all the sets I have seen they were the best (followed by the chemical brothers and steve aoki). My friends get a kick out of my reaction when someone mentions skrillex's remix of promises.

Also been telling people to watch out for stuff like chase & status and modestep, seems to be blowing up in the UK and i know more and more people are starting to listing to C&S

Leah 09-18-2011 04:03 PM

Today just sucks!

fishoholic 09-18-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 637013)
Laurie, are you saying this was only your 10 year reunion? You young fart!

Ha I wish! high school was 16yrs ago for me, dam I'm getting old :sad:

The Grizz 09-18-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 637039)
Ha I wish! high school was 16yrs ago for me, dam I'm getting old :sad:

Ya young tart!! 24 yrs since HS for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance 09-18-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 637036)
Today just sucks!

Feeling a little down myself Leah. :sad:

fishoholic 09-18-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 637036)
Today just sucks!

agreed and I'm super tired as well

Myka 09-20-2011 06:34 PM

Why is "mrgreen" so teal? :mrgreen:

Aquattro 09-20-2011 06:40 PM

we couldn't afford mrgreen, had to settle for mrteal. Sorry.