Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   lastlight's 225 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41736)

christyf5 11-26-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 467876)
I know it's innapropriate here with updates like this. Brianne has a massive tumour around her throat that is choking her. She's on the OR now and they're trying to open her airways and then maybe deal with the tumour. I'm trying to be positive but the docs are much too honest this time. Sorry guys but it helps me to tell people and you guys are friends.

Not at all!! I know it sounds kind of lame but we're here for you and whatever it takes to help.

Delphinus 11-26-2009 04:39 PM

Oh my God Brett. I'm so sorry. We are here for you. Please let me know if I can do anything. I can bring you dinner or something or watch over your kids if you need to step out of the house for anything.

muck 11-26-2009 04:50 PM

So sorry to hear this Brett... If there is anything I can do for you guys (i know im a little futher away but...) please don't hesitate to ask.

JDigital 11-26-2009 05:40 PM

I am soo sorry to hear Brett... That wasn't the sort of update I was expecting 2 mins ago when I clicked on your thread. Best wishes go out to you and the Mrs. I hope she can pull through the ordeal!!

lastlight 11-26-2009 05:50 PM

No word yet but I'm thinking that's maybe a good thing and they have been able to do something. You guys are awesome btw. Thx.

The Codfather 11-26-2009 05:58 PM

Hang in there, Buddy.

lastlight 11-26-2009 06:45 PM

She made it! Breathing tube in and tumour is not in any organs only pushing on them. Good news considering and now we need to wait to see what type of tumour this is.

Leah 11-26-2009 06:46 PM

That is wonderful , very glad to hear.

christyf5 11-26-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 467916)
She made it! Breathing tube in and tumour is not in any organs only pushing on them. Good news considering and now we need to wait to see what type of tumour this is.

So glad to hear this!!!!:mrgreen:

muck 11-26-2009 07:31 PM

YES!!! Good news!!

TheMikey 11-26-2009 07:34 PM

This is a huge sigh of relief, I imagine for you (of course) as well as the other members on the board. I'm glad to hear that there's good news thus far. Hopefully much more to follow :)

GreenSpottedPuffer 11-26-2009 08:23 PM

OMG, sorry to hear all this Brett. I'm glad to hear there is some good news now. My thoughts are with you guys. Take care.

Parker 11-26-2009 08:37 PM

Great news Brett, glad to hear things are looking up!

Lance 11-26-2009 09:40 PM

I can't imagine how terrifying all this is for you and yours. Hopefully all is now well and she is on the mend. Crossing all my fingers for you.

wayner 11-26-2009 10:52 PM

Hang in there Brett., as you can read, you have alot of support here, anything you need, just ask.

Myka 11-26-2009 11:43 PM

:eek: I'm so truly sorry to hear about your wife's condition. I'm not the prayer type either, but my hopes are that she has made it through the toughest part already, and that the sun shines on her through her recovery. Stay tough Brett.

lorenz0 11-27-2009 06:46 AM

Oh man, just saw this. good to hear that you got some good news.

lobsterboy 11-27-2009 07:24 AM

sorry to hear this, hope all is well with you and your family. stay strong.

lastlight 11-27-2009 01:45 PM

Thanks guys. Ups and downs but overall last night she did a bit better after becoming unstable yesterday. Might start chemo today if they think she can take it. She wouldn't let go of my hand at shift change this morning and responds to my voice. She's a fighter.

They have a cichlid tank in icu waiting room. Be comforting if the male venustus would be nicer to his girl.

Leah 11-27-2009 02:35 PM

Hope she gets stronger today.

Be comforting if the male venustus would be nicer to his girl.[/quote]:biggrin:

Stones 11-27-2009 04:18 PM

So sorry to hear about your wife's dire medical condition but good to hear that she is doing better now.

Reef_surfer 11-27-2009 04:24 PM

thats sad to hear, and you know you have all of our support in this time, hope she gets well

spikehs 11-27-2009 06:53 PM

Glad to hear she is getting better now :)

lastlight 11-27-2009 10:54 PM

Heartrate is the best I've seen itsince we got here. She has lymphoma and leukemia and starts chemo soon today. They say she has a good chance for remission with treatments for around a month. After that more long term care and maybe a full recovery. So more good news today ;)

Veng68 11-27-2009 11:22 PM

Good news.

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery :)

All the best.

Cheers,
Vic

JDigital 11-27-2009 11:33 PM

That's great news Brett! My thoughts are with you guys.

Lance 11-27-2009 11:46 PM

Terrific News! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Delphinus 11-28-2009 12:09 AM

Best luck on the continued recovery.

GreenSpottedPuffer 11-28-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 468218)
Heartrate is the best I've seen itsince we got here. She has lymphoma and leukemia and starts chemo soon today. They say she has a good chance for remission with treatments for around a month. After that more long term care and maybe a full recovery. So more good news today ;)

Im glad to hear she is hanging in there...

I have lived with Lymphoblastic leukemia since I was a few years old. Gone through chemo more times than I can remember now...don't even let my hair grow anymore cause if I don't have it, cancer can't take it. She will be a much tougher person through all this and it makes you appreciate every day. I think my parents were told I wouldn't make it to 10 even.

Trust me, she may not be very responsive right now (or may be) but she knows everything your doing like just being there. It's kind of like being in a dreamland (for her).

Hopefully chemo will take care of it. I don't remember the first time I had to go through chemo (too young) but my parents said it was the toughest on me. Must be all the drugs that your body suddenly has to deal with but it gets MUCH easier from there.

I have been in remission for just over 3 years now (since I got serious about diet, exercise and keeping stress to a minimum). Longest I have ever lived without cancer. Don't usually tell a heck of a lot of people about this cause sometimes people start to treat you much different than they used (hate that) but it's always helped me meeting and talking to other people who went through it.

Take care, both of you!

Myka 11-28-2009 02:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear that your wife has cancer. My mom recently went through breast cancer, and hasn't even been in remission for a full year. It is a tough road to walk as a passenger, I can't imagine being the driver. My mom's friends and family made a big difference to her in her tough time.

lastlight 11-28-2009 06:07 AM

Thanks again everyone. Justin I really appreciate you sharing that with me it helps me a lot. It will help her a lot when I can share it with her. She's sleeping right now. She joked tonight about balding before me. A sign she's strong right now.

I'm going to be forced to look at finances soon and I'm pretty scared. I'd lose my shirt on the house if I downsized right now. I'll have to cut costs and somehow keep us afloat. I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort but I may try and sell my system. I don't honestly know much about her condition yet bit I'm sure she can never run a dayhome again ( immune system) so things will be tough.

Thanks guys ;)

bvlester 11-28-2009 07:00 AM

HI Just wanted to sorry to hear about your wife yesturday when I picked up Leah's potters angle. My mom has been in a battle with cancer for a few years now and has also had double bypass surgery she just keeps on working around the house and will not let anyone help much. I have got to sit her down and tell her to just rest and sit, while I do things for her. Believe it or not that only works for about 10 minutes, my mom's 76 and will not stop. My mom just got new the cancer is back and she said got to keep going it just cancer all in one breath.

Let yuor wife know theres alot of people out here praying for you guys and best wishes all around.

our prayers are with you.
Bill

GreenSpottedPuffer 11-28-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 468325)
Thanks again everyone. Justin I really appreciate you sharing that with me it helps me a lot. It will help her a lot when I can share it with her. She's sleeping right now. She joked tonight about balding before me. A sign she's strong right now.

I'm going to be forced to look at finances soon and I'm pretty scared. I'd lose my shirt on the house if I downsized right now. I'll have to cut costs and somehow keep us afloat. I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort but I may try and sell my system. I don't honestly know much about her condition yet bit I'm sure she can never run a dayhome again ( immune system) so things will be tough.

Thanks guys ;)

No problem man...It's nice to talk to people who have gone through it already.

Please PM me if you want to talk or have questions. I can give you a call. Hang in there man. It gets better :wink:

Talked to my mom tonight and I was 5 when the problems started but actually they didn't think it was cancer at first because they said I was too young and actually my blood count was fine. It wasn't until almost 8 when I was diagnosed after having a paralyzing pain one night in my spine. That was just over 20 years ago now!

I won't get too much into this now as it seems a little inappropriate at this point but since you mentioned the dayhome...

It is rough on your immune system although when in remission and not on chemo, I don't get sick much. I think this is due to a few things, one, I take very good care of myself now and two, 3 years ago I had a bone marrow transplant which seems to have been very successful. I will never be able to repay my younger brother for the pain he went through to help me.

I take a drug everyday to "normalize" my white blood cell count (I make too many which doesn't allow enough red and platelets to be produced) and another to slow down the cancerous cells because even during remission they are still there. I take quite a few other pills daily for anemia as well.

But most days I feel normal and no one would know I have it.

I have now been told that although I will have to go for blood tests monthly, take pills the rest of my life, be careful with my immune system amongst other things, that I should live a normal lifespan.

Anyways, hope that helps. Its probably too much to think about right now but I thought I would share my experience. It always seemed to help me when I heard other success stories :mrgreen:

lastlight 11-28-2009 08:12 AM

We hope to be in Vancouver n may not sure that's realistic now. Your story helped us both. She wants to meet up with you if we go. Pretty tired but certainy ill pm you soon Justin. Congrats on your winning battle.

Chowder 11-28-2009 01:56 PM

Brett just got caught up. Sorry to here the news on your wife. Glad to here a positive outlook for her. My prayers go out to you two. Hope to continue to hear good news from you on her condition.

Chris

Carmen 11-29-2009 04:12 AM

My heart aches for you and your wife Brett. Prayers for both of you.:sad:

lastlight 11-29-2009 05:03 PM

Thanks guys.

Brianne is still having some nausea. They may have to sedate her more so she keeps her meds down. The doctors are happy with all her progress though and the nausea is normal for chemotherapy. Her heartrate at times has held steady below 100 and while she was sleeping was 86 - 90 which is great. She arrived here at 155 - 160. Their only goal for her today is rest.

muck 11-30-2009 01:01 AM

Nice to hear she is doing so well Brett!
I think i check Canreef more often than normal now hoping to see an update on this thread.

christyf5 11-30-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 468779)
Nice to hear she is doing so well Brett!
I think i check Canreef more often than normal now hoping to see an update on this thread.

+1

Glad to hear the treatment is going well :biggrin:

GreenSpottedPuffer 11-30-2009 01:17 AM

Also glad to hear its going well. Keep us updated.