Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Controller and Monitoring Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Profilux vs Apex (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71270)

Aquattro 01-04-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albert_dao (Post 578767)
Custom App availability will be subject to review prior to availability to end users to prevent any issues with system corruption.

Isn't this moving away from the open source concept? One of the things I like about the Apex is that a

Quote:

Custom App availability will be subject to review prior to availability to end users to prevent any issues with system corruption.

Isn't this moving away from the open source concept? One of the things I like about the Apex is that a reefer

Quote:

Isn't this moving away from the open source concept? One of the things I like about the Apex is that a reefer wrote

Quote:

Isn't this moving away from the open source concept? One of the things I like about the Apex is that a reefer wrote an

Quote:

Isn't this moving away from the open source concept? One of the things I like about the Apex is that a reefer wrote an app, and it's always improving with requested updates.

albert_dao 01-04-2011 05:36 PM

You're always going to be free to write your own apps or unregistered apps at your own risk.

mr.wilson 01-04-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 578786)
Isn't this moving away from the open source concept? One of the things I like about the Apex is that a reefer wrote an app, and it's always improving with requested updates.

Posting via android? :) Now imagine it was a dosing pump that jams instead of a post button.

Aquattro 01-04-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.wilson (Post 578802)
Posting via android? :) Now imagine it was a dosing pump that jams instead of a post button.

No, posting via Lenovo laptop :) And I don't use dosing pumps, so it's all good -lol
But, I've never had any issues with my Android phone that I haven't induced myself, so I'd be confident in using it as a controller interface.

Doug 01-04-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 578804)
No, posting via Lenovo laptop :) And I don't use dosing pumps, so it's all good -lol
But, I've never had any issues with my Android phone that I haven't induced myself, so I'd be confident in using it as a controller interface.

If you had a Mac, that would not happen Brad. :lol:

mr.wilson 01-04-2011 06:12 PM

I'm not even sure what Android is, but I don't see it as a problem either.