Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   404 gallon - round 2.5 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101608)

duncangweller 03-28-2014 05:07 AM

Really like that turquoise millie and always like clams. Is all this stuff available on your website?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Snappy 03-28-2014 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncangweller (Post 888947)
Really like that turquoise millie and always like clams. Is all this stuff available on your website?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I sent you a PM. :wink:

reefan 03-29-2014 10:44 PM

Nice selection of corals!!
Not sure if this was asked but are you running any zeo or carbon dosing?

Snappy 04-02-2014 05:28 AM

Thanks, no I am not running any 'carbon dosing' or zeo in any of my systems. To be honest I just don't have time to keep up with it.

Snappy 04-02-2014 05:35 AM

Just lost one of my pipefish to an MP60 yesterday:sad:.
The pump started making a funny noise so I went to check it out and saw a white streak going round with the propeller and unfortunately it was one of my dragon pipes. It really got knocked around in there and was toast so since I believe in recycling I cut it up and fed it to the anemones & a few LPS. Not what I like to feed them but no point in flushing it.

lastlight 04-02-2014 05:39 AM

that's terrible news sorry to hear it. to be honest i was a bit worried about that in my own tank but i think any type of powerhead could do the same thing. i wonder if it was weakened prior to getting sucked inside the powerhead?

Snappy 04-02-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 889919)
that's terrible news sorry to hear it. to be honest i was a bit worried about that in my own tank but i think any type of powerhead could do the same thing. i wonder if it was weakened prior to getting sucked inside the powerhead?

Not sure why it would be weaked? I think it was 'hunting' for food a bit too close. Those power heads are really powerful and I assume it may have seen a pod around it and BAM - in it goes for a wild ride.

BlueTang<3 04-02-2014 12:45 PM

That sucks, I was always afraid of the pipefish in a higher flow tank. I lost a mystery wrasse to a mp 40 when he swam in to hide when if shut off for cleaning when it restarted he was inside:sad:. I got rid of my 60s as my tangs would like to see how close they could get to it, like you said some extreme undertow I had to pluck them off the side of it a couple times weren't sick just dumb still have the fish and that was years ago. Sadly he's not any smarter to this day.

Marcel Legros 04-05-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snappy (Post 889921)
Not sure why it would be weaked? I think it was 'hunting' for food a bit too close. Those power heads are really powerful and I assume it may have seen a pod around it and BAM - in it goes for a wild ride.

Is this the first fish you've lost to a powerhead?

Snappy 04-07-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel Legros (Post 890507)
Is this the first fish you've lost to a powerhead?

First pipefish I've lost to a powerhead and first fish in an MP60. Lost a few in MP40's over the years but never in a 60.