Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   lastlight's 97 (lights out) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67366)

Lance 10-09-2010 05:01 PM

Good start Brett! I like it!
Gonna look great when all those frags grow in.

fishoholic 10-09-2010 05:40 PM

Looks great!

andestang 10-09-2010 05:43 PM

Wow , stick-tackular :) ! You sure have the touch of making a nice set-up Brett. Good assortment of colors. Glad about the blenny, love those guys. Look forward to seeing this in person.

lastlight 10-09-2010 08:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We've been saying 'when those sticks grow' for a while now I gotta crack the whip on these guys!

Frustrating day today as I realized the rowaphos in my brs dual reactor won't tumble. Perhaps with the amount of ROX carbon in the other chamber there isn't enough flow...so I thought. After emptying them multiple times and trying different amount and even swapping the mj1200 for my eheim 1250 nothing worked. I'm using the rowa in a TLF now and the carbon in one of the chambers of the BRS. Much cursing especially when the display got littered with rowa once it truly WAS tumbling. It's all working now but I am still pretty ****ed!

So NOW the rowa should be working before it was a solid clump of it. My phosphates measured 0.6 ish yesterday so I'll see how this goes.

Have a good thanksgiving weekend!

Polscot 10-10-2010 01:20 AM

looks awesome man, +1 on the free stool lol

lastlight 10-10-2010 03:42 AM

Not sure if it's just part of the new rock and sand (much more of the rock is newly cycled than established) but this cleaning the glass daily is a royal pain. Sure hope the GFO does the trick.

fishytime 10-10-2010 07:25 AM

I was thinking the same thing as Kien......man thats gonna be chaos when she fills in.......looks good though Brett!

lastlight 10-10-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 554891)
Got to see this tank in person!

and..

:D. You probably don't remember when or where you posted that ;)

No I don't recall it at all haha. You had a 90? That was older than a year ago my mind can't store info that old I guess. I clicked the link and recognized your photo handiwork right away tho!

And thanks Doug. I will have some trimming to do ONE day for sure.

lastlight 10-11-2010 06:34 PM

I officially hate staring at these blue squares and trying to judge what my phosphate level is at. I think today it's around 0.1 down from 0.6 ish. Not sure that accurate or possible but WOW my colours, polyp extension and even growth (easily visible over the last 2 days) has noticeably improved. Getting the Rowa tumbling properly was ALL win.

Kien where did you buy the Hanna phosphate checker?

kien 10-11-2010 07:05 PM

OC :D. It may or may not be legal I don't know! Take your chances! :lol: