Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fluconazole VS. Bryopsis Discussion Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122214)

Frogger 06-07-2017 05:32 AM

I also started in February and have one small batch starting to come back, I will attend to it manually. For me it appears to have given me 4 months of protection.

Myka 06-07-2017 02:20 PM

So does that just mean that you guys didn't take care of the cause, the root problem?

niQo 06-07-2017 02:59 PM

I dosed 4 weeks ago. Now I may have a turf algae rather than bryopsis, but it has turned lighter in colour and on one rock it was eaten by my hermits. But I can already see it growing back on this rock and it did nothing for my GHA :(

Frogger 06-07-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1014627)
So does that just mean that you guys didn't take care of the cause, the root problem?

I am not sure, I think algae growth is a very complex. I have kept my phosphate below .03ppm and nitrates have always been undetectable.

There has to be a source for the algae to grow. I have not added anything to my small tank since I started the treatment in February. I only have 1 small fish and a couple shrimp in the tank so I feed very light. I do regular water changes every couple weeks.

So in order for the algae to grow the fluconazole must not kill it only restrict its ability to grow and thrive under the current situation. I think this is the frustrating thing about Bryopsis, tank perimeters can be great yet it still grows. I have had it in this tank for at least 12 years.

tang daddy 06-07-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogger (Post 1014632)
I am not sure, I think algae growth is a very complex. I have kept my phosphate below .03ppm and nitrates have always been undetectable.

There has to be a source for the algae to grow. I have not added anything to my small tank since I started the treatment in February. I only have 1 small fish and a couple shrimp in the tank so I feed very light. I do regular water changes every couple weeks.

So in order for the algae to grow the fluconazole must not kill it only restrict its ability to grow and thrive under the current situation. I think this is the frustrating thing about Bryopsis, tank perimeters can be great yet it still grows. I have had it in this tank for at least 12 years.

I feel you're talking about the bryopsis then yes it just sucks the nutrients out of the rock, why not remove the rock and replace with new rock?
It took me 2 times to kill the bryopsis that grew in my sump, first time I dosed 1/4 the suggested dose the last time I did full dose and less than a week it was gone, never came back.

Frogger 06-08-2017 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tang daddy (Post 1014635)
I feel you're talking about the bryopsis then yes it just sucks the nutrients out of the rock, why not remove the rock and replace with new rock?
It took me 2 times to kill the bryopsis that grew in my sump, first time I dosed 1/4 the suggested dose the last time I did full dose and less than a week it was gone, never came back.

This is only my 40 gallon "quarantine tank" I plan on dismantling it and moving it downstairs to become my frag tank at some time in the near future. For now I just play with it trying different things. My new display tank has no bryopsis, I made sure of it when I set it up last year using all new rock.

dino 06-20-2017 03:42 PM

did everyone have a good experience buying from payless pets? im waiting for mine but I have had two odd emails from them already. when I purchased it I never got any confirmation from them but they took my money so I emailed them and straightened that out. then they emailed me asking me what product I bought? huh you already took my money shouldn't you know?anyway still waiting for delivery how long did it take for you guys?

DKoKoMan 06-20-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 1015032)
did everyone have a good experience buying from payless pets? im waiting for mine but I have had two odd emails from them already. when I purchased it I never got any confirmation from them but they took my money so I emailed them and straightened that out. then they emailed me asking me what product I bought? huh you already took my money shouldn't you know?anyway still waiting for delivery how long did it take for you guys?

Seems a little sketchy IMO, unless they are using a third party for payment. Payment clearing without shipping notifications makes it seem not legit. Best of luck and hopefully all works out for you.

dino 06-20-2017 10:47 PM

Time will tell. It would be nice to know others experiences

kengeroo 06-21-2017 01:12 AM

payless pets..

received my order.. no issues..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 1015048)
Time will tell. It would be nice to know others experiences