Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Q&A (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Concerning the new Buy/Sell posting format (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88818)

waynemah 08-15-2012 11:57 PM

I think the general consensus is we want a slightly more readable format...

Personally, I'll follow the rules the best I can and life goes on. I think there hasn't been any over reactions thus far. Lots of good views and some bitterness towards members having opinions :twised:... I'm sure the moderators / owners will take everything into consideration and do the best they can with it.

I'm just happy to be part of a forum that listens to it's members.

jorjef 08-16-2012 12:10 AM

I'm really getting tired of coming back to this thread, I wish it would get closed. lol ........ Ya ya I know "you don't have to open it and continue reading it" Unfortunatly I suffer from GLCRWDBI "gotta look at the car wreck when I drive by itis"

gregzz4 08-16-2012 01:06 AM

Sounds like to need to upgrade to a suite and get some decent room service :smile:

hillegom 08-16-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 737664)
Even if it's in Calgary, the seller may ship, so it doesn't matter. That's not something we're going to enforce. The info is there, if you don't want to open a post for some item that' you're interested in, then I guess someone else buys it :)

I have bought dry goods and had them shipped, I'm not adverse to having something shipped.
But sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't want to waste my time.
I try to buy local.
I know I'm not the only one with this view. :)

Aquattro 08-16-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillegom (Post 737730)
I know I'm not the only one with this view. :)

I know, but we ask for enough without enforcing the addition of info that's already provided elsewhere. If sellers want to add it, fine, if not, that's fine too.

gregzz4 08-16-2012 04:35 AM

And it's not the topic of this thread :razz:

Aquattro 08-16-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 737762)
And it's not the topic of this thread :razz:

Ya, and that !! lol

titus 08-16-2012 04:30 PM

Hello,

Thanks to all the comments and discussions. There has been a lot of feedback and details for us to think of. What I'd do is to investigate for now how to remove the prefix from appearing on the New Posts or Today's Posts result.

I'd also consider utilizing a more slimmed down version of prefixes such as:
For Sale
For Trade
Want To Buy
Group Buy

Anything else?

Titus

MKLKT 08-16-2012 04:48 PM

For Free?

RedCoralEdmonton 08-16-2012 11:13 PM

Lol this was a funny read.... and for the record I have never complained about anybody selling frags/equipment.... for those of you who know me, I encourage anyone to sell frags and specialty coral because I am a hobbiest first and a businessman second....and we arent hurting by the little guy trying to cover his costs, where do you think that fragging money goes anyways ;)

but getting back to Dennys comment about no LFS selling frags or taking pictures..... we do both.... just sayin' lol

Steve