Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   29 gallon Biocube! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83133)

Aysha 04-16-2012 03:47 AM

So I just murdered my first aptasia! and nearly got nailed by a hot pink bristle worm in the process! I'm a reef keeper now!

I tried using the aquastick epoxy on my corals and it failed miserably now looking for another option.

Bblinks 04-16-2012 04:43 AM

Boston coral farm super glue or a bulk reef supply's glue is also good. BTW you are not a true reef keeper until you get a figure full of bristles!:mrgreen:

subman 04-16-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 705962)
Boston coral farm super glue or a bulk reef supply's glue is also good. BTW you are not a true reef keeper until you get a figure full of bristles!:mrgreen:

...and glue your fingers together (or fingers to some other body part lol)

fishytime 04-16-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 705962)
. BTW you are not a true reef keeper until you get a figure full of bristles!:mrgreen:

dude you are getting far too intimate with your reef

I've found DD's epoxy my favorite....its the only one Ive used that actually gets schticky

Aysha 04-16-2012 06:36 PM

lol I've glued my fingers and figures together hundreds of times I think I've got er nailed (glued?) down to a science...now if only I could use medical grade prosthetic adhesive in my fish tank.....

Reefie 04-16-2012 09:49 PM

To properly and easily mount corals to rock, I use the epoxy-putty-epoxy method.

Just try to remember that a little goes a long way. When using epoxy, the more you use, the longer it takes to set and cure.

Ginu 04-18-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aysha (Post 705939)
So I just murdered my first aptasia! and nearly got nailed by a hot pink bristle worm in the process! I'm a reef keeper now!

I tried using the aquastick epoxy on my corals and it failed miserably now looking for another option.

You should really have gotten a peppermint shrimp to take care of the aptasia problem, especially since you love shrimps :)

I got a peppermint shrimp for my tank thinking that it would not survive a day with a very large coral branded a large cleaner shrimp and a pistol, but the peppermint shrimp is still alive two months later and cleaned my aptasia issue within a day :)

Aysha 04-18-2012 02:03 AM

I had one that must have snuck in on a coral as it was on a newer frag. I'll pick up a peppermint next time I'm at the fish place. I was worried el pisto would eat him.

Ginu 04-18-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aysha (Post 706718)
I had one that must have snuck in on a coral as it was on a newer frag. I'll pick up a peppermint next time I'm at the fish place. I was worried el pisto would eat him.

Naa pistol sits under his rocks but obviously if the pepper is dumb enough to enter the pistol's cave some sparks might jump...
I was really afraid of the Coral Branded Shrimp which is huge in my tank along with his cleaner to devour the little pepper but they all good...

Aysha 04-18-2012 02:20 AM

I suppose that makes sense my sexy shrimp is still doing his thing all up in the zoas if that didn't get eaten it must be okay. How big of a cleaner crew can I safely have with a few fish?