Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Prices - discussion thread! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45252)

JDigital 11-18-2008 12:16 AM

Well why don't we scrap the "good deal" thing. sphelps and I have already argued the "honor system"...

JL, LA, or Price list (stickied one) for Coral/Fish prices only? ... Will that keep everyone happy?

sphelps 11-18-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 360791)
Well why don't we scrap the "good deal" thing. sphelps and I have already argued the "honor system"...

JL, LA, or Price list (stickied one) for Coral/Fish prices only? ... Will that keep everyone happy?

You haven't addressed my issues. I'm not talking about the honor system.

And you'll have to scrap sale prices as well if you do that, same thing.

JDigital 11-18-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 360792)
You haven't addressed my issues. I'm not talking about the honor system.

And you'll have to scrap sale prices as well if you do that, same thing.

What was ur issue? I musta missed it

sphelps 11-18-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 360795)
What was ur issue? I musta missed it

Post #100 This thread

JDigital 11-18-2008 12:38 AM

First off, Can I obliterate the "good deal" thing without it affecting anyones budget? Please let me know everyone.... It would be nice to not have to deal with the whole receipt thing, and just use the 3 outlined price sources...

Second, There will be no using sale prices. Now that I have given it some thought, and seen what people are doing, it's not fair. You can't stumble across a sale months later and then claim that price. I know this might upset a few, but its only fair.

sphelps 11-18-2008 12:45 AM

I would prefer to keep the good deal and sale opportunities, I haven't used them yet but I've been hoping to get a good deal on one particular piece of livestock, been waiting for it for that reason. I just think we should agree that a sale is a "good deal" you have to get the deal not just say you could of.

But either way I'll go with the majority on that.

noirsphynx 11-18-2008 01:17 AM

I thought we were only going by the 3 sources to begin with anyhow when it concerned livestock.
I agree that we should not change the price after the livestock has been added but what if we have not added a certain piece of livestock yet and it goes on sale on J&L or LA and we decide to add it at that tme, can we use the sale price? I'm asking because I have 4 sexy shrimp that I've been debating to either sell or add to my tank.

JDigital 11-18-2008 01:26 AM

I want everyone to give me your opinion of what YOU would like to have happen. I will weigh in everyones opinions and make the executive decision. If you don't post your opinion, don't come yelling at me when I make the choice of how prices are going to be handled from here on out.

1. Personally. I want to scrap the "good deal from another reefer" and simply use the 3 sources.

For Corals: Price List FIRST.. not on there, then use JL and LA...

For Livestock: JL and LA.

2. I want to scrap the use of Sale prices (from TODAY forward). If you buy it on sale, thats great that you actually saved out of pocket, but take the prices we have layed out on the 3 sources. It will save ALOT of headaches down the road.

sphelps 11-18-2008 01:29 AM

I already stated mine but to clarify.

I think keep "good deal" for both hardware and livestock. But a sale is a "good deal" it's the same thing and you have to actually purchase from the sale to use it.

EDIT: I also think it's an important strategy to be able to take advantages of sales and good deals in such a contest, but of course you have to actually get the deal and if absolutely necessary post a receipt to verify.

ElGuappo 11-18-2008 01:39 AM

they way i see it we should all use the websites or pricelist for all. any good deals on hardware can be kept. providing recept. or Honor. :mrgreen:

I have returned the price of the shrimp i changed today, providing all is well with that, i am gain under budet as per JD's last post of "from today on . "