Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Contest Rules and Guidelines Thread. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45249)

superduperwesman 04-15-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 410926)
ok guys, play nice or I'm shutting this down and NOBODY will be the winner. Seriously.

If you shut it down do I get my money back?

rocketlily 04-15-2009 06:30 PM

Is it possible to get an answer to the collage comment that sphelps posted.

JDigital 04-15-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketlily (Post 411091)
Is it possible to get an answer to the collage comment that sphelps posted.

After some thinking, I will be taking all pictures posted on the first post of everyones build thread, and copy/pasting them into the voting thread. If you want to write a small summary of your vision/intent of your tank, add that to the first page of your build thread as well. The budget will also be included with your pictures in the voting thread, so make it clear to read for all those voting.

rocketlily 04-15-2009 06:47 PM

Thank you, sounds very good.

sphelps 04-15-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 411094)
After some thinking, I will be taking all pictures posted on the first post of everyones build thread, and copy/pasting them into the voting thread. If you want to write a small summary of your vision/intent of your tank, add that to the first page of your build thread as well. The budget will also be included with your pictures in the voting thread, so make it clear to read for all those voting.

Really? Have you seen mine? It's pretty long with at least 15 pictures. I think we could all be satisfied if you just posted a link to each members first page. Unless you really want to but it sounds like a lot of work.

superduperwesman 04-15-2009 07:57 PM

Yeah probably easier for you if you just post a link to everyone's first page. Easier for you and it kinda solves some of the other problems people were talking about i.e. if people vote before the sleepy heads get around to posting there April shot then tough for them... but if they get it up in a few days and it influences those who are left to vote... fine... who cares? It'll give those who are busy a bit more time to summarize there tank/idea/direction... again making people less likely to vote for the sleepy heads b/c they're goal might not be as easily seen without a bit of background... but at the end of the day it's your contest so whatever you think is best. I'll have my fts up tonight and I've had fun regardless of who wins and the bumpy ride so thank you :)

PS I'm gonna win...b/c I'll bribe people mwahahah

rocketlily 04-15-2009 08:04 PM

I think it would be nice to have one FTS on the voting thread with the links to the build. I don't think it's necessary to have to post 3 or 4 pictures of each. The rules do state that the contest ends today and pictures must be posted on the 15th. If I was running the contest, I would just assume the last picture on the first page of the build is the final shot.

JDigital 04-15-2009 08:31 PM

I going to have to now after PMing Christy, as this forum is not capable of having 2 separate polls in 1 thread, which means I have to make 2 threads instead of one. 1 for Best Tank and 1 for Most Innovative.

The reason I wanted to have everything in a voting thread was to prevent any changes being made once voting starts. As well as to keep it simple for voters so they don't have to jump from thread to thread and back etc etc, everything would be in one thread and they can view all the tanks easily that way.

Perhaps I will still copy/paste the Budget/FTS into the voting thread. Then provide the link to your threads for the rest of the summaries and extra photos should you choose to supply that stuff, but it's not required. :)

Either way there is a deadline and expect it to be adhered to. All final pictures/summaries/updated budget posted on the first post of your build threads by midnight April 15, 2009 (your local time).

Myka 04-17-2009 05:28 PM

Aw, I missed the voting. :(

superduperwesman 04-17-2009 05:40 PM

I don't think it's supposed to be over yet?? I'm not sure why it's closed? Anyone?