Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stanley Cup (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85157)

parkinsn 04-26-2012 03:00 PM

It would be nice to Ottawa win. Not only because their Canadian but to see the top seed knocked out as well.

Oilers 04-26-2012 03:30 PM

GO OTTAWA GO! It's nice to see Alfie winning a game 7 before he retires. He deserves at least that!

SeaHorse_Fanatic 04-26-2012 05:21 PM

Go Ottawa.

I have been very disappointed at how much hate there has been on this board for the Canucks. Personally, if the Canucks aren't in the playoffs, I cheer for pretty much any other Canadian team. That is obviously a rare thing nowadays from the posted comments.

On the other hand, I've always said that if they're not going to go really far in the playoffs, I'd rather they get knocked out early so I (and the other fans) can get on with our lives and not be stressed out. Last season's long run to the finals was great and exciting, but months of planning our days around each playoff game and holding our breaths with each game was a tad stressful.

Go Ottawa Go!!!!

parkinsn 04-27-2012 02:28 PM

Pretty disappointed with the out come of both games last night.

StirCrazy 04-27-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 710182)
Go Ottawa.

I have been very disappointed at how much hate there has been on this board for the Canucks.

Get over it, just because you like the canucks doesn't mean everyone else has to. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 710182)
Personally, if the Canucks aren't in the playoffs, I cheer for pretty much any other Canadian team.

a lot of people would not call you a true fan, but rather a band wagon jumper.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 04-27-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StirCrazy (Post 710499)
Get over it, just because you like the canucks doesn't mean everyone else has to. :mrgreen:

a lot of people would not call you a true fan, but rather a band wagon jumper.

So cheering for another Canadian team if your own home team is knocked out means you're a band wagon jumper. Hmmmm. Interesting. I guess this applies to everyone who was posting or thinking "Go Ottawa" eh?

And I guess you talked to "a lot of people" about this. Glad you have a life.

StirCrazy 04-27-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 710522)
So cheering for another Canadian team if your own home team is knocked out means you're a band wagon jumper.

although I will admit, I cheer for my team exclusivly, but I will also chear for any team that plays calgary. so I guess I am a part time wagon jumper also :mrgreen:

Steve

The Grizz 05-07-2012 04:50 AM

YES YES YES!!! L.A. in 4 games over St. Louis

Could this be the year of the King??

Lance 05-07-2012 05:40 AM

Wow! LA is 8-1. And against two of the top seeds. I'm kinda thinking they're going all the way. Sutter + Richards + Carter = Stanley Cup.

parkinsn 05-07-2012 05:08 PM

Good job LA!!

Lance I think its more Sutter + Brown + Quick = Stanley Cup.

Hopefully Phoenix Wins tonight. They got nothing on LA.

LA vs. NYR Final? LA knocks out the 2 top seeds 2nd and 3rd with a cup?