Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   kien's 150g Room Divider Mixed Reef & Stuff (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54164)

Seriak 11-20-2012 02:06 PM

Amazing shots! I can never seem to get pictures like that!

sphelps 11-20-2012 02:08 PM

Looking good, your pictures seem to get more interesting every time I visit.

christyf5 11-20-2012 04:03 PM

Fantastic photos! They almost make me want to take up reefing again :razz:

kien 11-20-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriak (Post 765668)
Amazing shots! I can never seem to get pictures like that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 765669)
Looking good, your pictures seem to get more interesting every time I visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 765705)

Thanks! One of my joys in reefing (in case you didn't already figure it out) is taking photos of all the cool stuff in the tank. You can easily miss a lot of cool details when you're sitting/standing back and just gazing at your tank as a whole. I love getting in there and up close and personal with everything going on in the tank. It's actually kinda funny 'cuz my fish are somewhat used it now. Whenever I have the camera up close or in the tank the fish are always hovering around trying to photobomb my coral shots.

Christy, I didn't realize that you had gotten out of reefing :cry:

Bblinks 11-20-2012 04:12 PM

nice shots kien. Love to see it in person one dy.

kien 11-20-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 765709)
nice shots kien. Love to see it in person one dy.

Thanks! If you're ever in Cowtown just drop me a line. I'm not one to pass up a Reef Geek-Out session :-)

lastlight 11-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 765705)

I saw you get rid of that 90 but thought the 180 was still going. It was looking really great what happened? Sorry to hear.

christyf5 11-20-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 765720)
I saw you get rid of that 90 but thought the 180 was still going. It was looking really great what happened? Sorry to hear.

Oh I'm not totally out, I'm just calling this phase the "I have a tank phase". I wouldn't call it a reef anymore, unless its one of those after the hurricane/too much pollution death tanks. I figure if it keeps up the way its going (stuff dying) I'll be at the FOWLR or "I have a tank full of water and algae" phase within a year.

Sorry to crap on your thread. Moar photos! :mrgreen:

lastlight 11-20-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 765721)
Oh I'm not totally out, I'm just calling this phase the "I have a tank phase". I wouldn't call it a reef anymore, unless its one of those after the hurricane/too much pollution death tanks. I figure if it keeps up the way its going (stuff dying) I'll be at the FOWLR or "I have a tank full of water and algae" phase within a year.

Sorry to crap on your thread. Moar photos! :mrgreen:

Best of luck I guess at least you're still in it. Don't worry about the hijacking I owe him some. If there's anything else you feel like chatting about please stop in again.

kien 11-20-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 765721)
Oh I'm not totally out, I'm just calling this phase the "I have a tank phase". I wouldn't call it a reef anymore, unless its one of those after the hurricane/too much pollution death tanks.

hmmm.. ya, I wouldn't know anything about that... :pound: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :pound: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :neutral: