Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Prices - discussion thread! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45252)

sphelps 11-17-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap (Post 360732)
First line of the Livestock Prices Thread:

Yeah that's the general pricelist, but I'm pretty sure it was made clear at some point you could use sale prices and the whole "good deal" thing. That's what I thought anyway.

superduperwesman 11-17-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap (Post 360732)
First line of the Livestock Prices Thread:

While it states that the list is for everyone to use it does not say that only the list can be used... if so it would seem that we have a contradiction as I would have to agree that "pieces" would imply coral...

Interesting.... But I guess it works both ways... you might get screwed on the cost of your mushroom but you can put a $300 colony of Zoas in for $10

Just don't pick a mushroom theme I guess?? ahah

Ryan_Lap 11-17-2008 09:41 PM

Well maybe it would be possible to get some clarification, rather than everyone trying to guess what the rules should be. I just want to figure out my stock list.

ElGuappo 11-17-2008 09:44 PM

i have used sale prices posted on either site (JL, LA) with confirmation by another contestee. that is only for inverts and fish thus far but i dont see any problem with using sale prices on coral as long as it is confirmed and size is listed.

All my prices come from either they allowed 2 web sites or the price list.

I just kinda sat back and said nothing while all the "Debating" about prices was going on and decided to just use the websites and price list for all items just to avoid any conflict. in the long run i thought i got some wiked deals but after adjusting all prices to the above mentioned sources i actually saved a few bucks.

Just my 2 pennies.

superduperwesman 11-17-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap (Post 360744)
Well maybe it would be possible to get some clarification, rather than everyone trying to guess what the rules should be. I just want to figure out my stock list.

:agrue:

Yeah we demand a verdict! ahah

superduperwesman 11-17-2008 09:51 PM

I just make up my own pricing:

- Clown fish = $2.99
- Snail = $.01
- Bubble Algae = $10.00/bubble

KIDDING! Me so funny :D ahah

Ryan_Lap 11-17-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduperwesman (Post 360748)
Bubble Algae $10.00/bubble

Then I have about $500 0f that for sale in my tank. Anyone that can get it out Ill let them have it for an awesome "score of a deal".....Free :lol:

ElGuappo 11-17-2008 10:03 PM

how much for cyno? i now am running a koralia 1, and nano on this tank and still have cyno. whats up with that? its going away but not fast enough.

OFF topic here but, can bubble algae be used as macro in a ref?

rocketlily 11-17-2008 10:12 PM

Please don't forget to include $10.00 a head for Aipitasia. Wow, I'm way over budget!!!:lol:

sphelps 11-18-2008 12:14 AM

So all kidding aside do we have a final verdict on this current issue?

Also would like to discuss this "sale" and "good deal" pricing and when it can be used.

The way I see it you can only use a sale price if you actually bought your items at that sale. Obviously it's the honor system but we can't have people constantly scoping for good deals and changing their pricing every time they find one.

Same for "good deal" you need to actually score a good deal and provide the receipt if requested.

Once budget is updated it should be frozen in, unless livestock is removed for some reason other than death. Or we could say since the Nov 15th deadline has passed once budget is updated it can't be changed, corals can't be removed once added to budget.