PDA

View Full Version : Cadlight Nano- died

Hairytank
08-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Did not want to highjack Treebeard's thread so started another.

Was on vacation for ten days. Used a wireless d-link video camera to monitor the sump and it worked really well, but the angle did not include the pellet reactor..
So got home and the pump on my Cadlight Nano reactor stopped again.. Not impressed with these pumps.

three questions
1) are there any good replacement pumps for the nano reactor?
2) i do not know how long the reactor was stopped for. I don't want to crash the tank by just starting it back up. So do I have to do anything with the pellets before I get them going again?
3) this cadlight nano has been really flaky since the beginning. Is there anything else out there that would be suitable for a 50 gal nano with minimal sump space?

Phil
08-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Did not want to highjack Treebeard's thread so started another.

Was on vacation for ten days. Used a wireless d-link video camera to monitor the sump and it worked really well, but the angle did not include the pellet reactor..
So got home and the pump on my Cadlight Nano reactor stopped again.. Not impressed with these pumps.

three questions
1) are there any good replacement pumps for the nano reactor?
2) i do not know how long the reactor was stopped for. I don't want to crash the tank by just starting it back up. So do I have to do anything with the pellets before I get them going again?
3) this cadlight nano has been really flaky since the beginning. Is there anything else out there that would be suitable for a 50 gal nano with minimal sump space?

I'd put a tee in after your return pump and small gate valve and then just run a tlf reactor off that. There cheep can mount anywhere and never have to worry about a pump (other than your return)

reefwars
08-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Personally if its Bio pellets I wouldn't tie into maim return if your away and it fails you'll end up with a stagnant reactor

Remove the rector rinse the pellets and replace half.
Gfo and carbon off return fine but not worth the risk for pellets :)

Refoctopuss make a pellet reactor small footprint no plumbing required comes with pump little pricey but no maintainance to them and everything is under the reactor:)

Hairytank
08-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.

Was worried about having a stagnant reactor and starting it up. Still have a large number of fresh pellets... wondering if it would be better to just start over with the fresh.

May look at a Maxi-Jet and plumb that in. I have never had any problems with a maxi-jet.

Aaron