PDA

View Full Version : 150g 2x WP25 advice

banditpowdercoat
08-08-2013, 05:52 AM
I got my 2 WP-25's from Nick the day before I left to camp so just put one in my 60" tank. On S3 Else mode. No time to play. Now I have 2. And a Apex. Converting them to Apex control is easy for me, but I read you loose the Else mode. But I can co-ordinate the 2 that way. With just running 1 on each end of my tank, on their control, would both on Else be messed up? Fighting each other etc? Right now I have th one on the end, sorta pointed at an angle across tank. Closed loop in tank for rest of flow, Used to have a OM4 way but it died, so just a 4 outlet manifold now.

Looking for any tips and tricks. Like I said, converting to 0-5V control easy for me. There's another way I read, to use the Apex to control intensity, and keep Else mode, but then can't tie them into each other right?

Soo many threads on RC to look through, Soo little time I have.
Any help or ideas appreciated

The Codfather
08-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I've ditched my controller entirely. I have a profilux not an apex, so I'm not too familiar with them. But with the profilux, I can tie them together and run them through a random mode. It took a bit of messing around but looking back its simple enough.
I put 4-25's on my 300 in each corner, works very well. There is not a single dead spot in the tank. I did like the else mode, but having control over each one is real nice.
Sorry couldn't be more help, but for me, control over the powerhead and a random pattern through the profilux, made me ditch the controller.
Bob

soulofsound
08-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Should you find the time, could you describe in more detail how you connected these pumps to the Profilux? I see you use the Profilux EVG card, but i can't see exactly how it's all connected and what you use to power the pumps.

jonn46
08-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Just throwing it out there but can they be connected to a Digital Aquatics?

Tks
John

daniella3d
08-21-2013, 03:43 AM
I run mine through my Reef Angel controller, works like a charm. Plenty of codes available and a few that are very similar to the else mode. I guess any controller could reproduce the else mode? All you have to do is fine the right coding?

I don't know much about other controllers though.

Ross
08-21-2013, 03:52 PM
What are the advantages of hooking this up to the apex over the supplied controller?

(I also have an apex and will be purchasing the Jebao power heads soon)

daniella3d
08-22-2013, 12:41 AM
The advantage is that you get more control. You can decide to run in a certain mode at night and run a different mode in the morning and evening, and another mode during noon.

You can have waves from 5 pm till 7pm, etc... you can do pretty much anything you want. I lower the power at night, but I keep the else mode, just lower output.

With the Jebao controller you must change the mode manually if you want to change it, it cannot be automated.

I am not sure that you have a cable for the Apex controller available though. Many Apex users are buying the Reef Angel cable and retrofit it to the Apex controller. Maybe there is a cable available now, not sure.

What are the advantages of hooking this up to the apex over the supplied controller?

(I also have an apex and will be purchasing the Jebao power heads soon)