PDA

View Full Version : keep the opinions coming and Also

fishguyxd
06-21-2004, 03:34 AM
Thanks to all so far .If anyone wants go to oceanics website lookat there sumps tell me what you think about them and also continue on the exsiting posting. So when i do get set up. I then add the sand and something else to get it going or just add a little live sand from someone.then what LR sould I start with ? and then for fish? Ii was told i should make a wish list now and for the future and they could tell me what will work as a starter and what other fish will later mesh in with the enviroment Can i put coarls or invert or not how much liting does this require.etc.

Quinn
06-21-2004, 05:26 AM
Personally I think you need to do more reading and find out what's out there. Summarizing all the information here would be foolish. Get out there, buy a few books, browse the big websites like Reef Central, Reefs.org, Wet Web Media...

bulletsworld
06-28-2004, 05:09 PM
So you wanta start a marine tank.....

http://reefcentral.com/modules.php?s=&name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Skimmerking
06-28-2004, 07:11 PM
what the best thing to do is YOU go to the website and pic out what you need or want. Then we can offer opinions on the materials thatyou want to buy.

The only way to read ,read, read
and then look around before buying not always is new good!!!!!
Somtimes you can get pretty awesome deals on used stuff check
the www.buysell.com
that has lots of good stuff there for pretty cheap prices, If you go MH Lighting try to get a electrican to make your ballast for you.

Build the tank your self

DIY is the way to go if you are stating out.

mike