PDA

View Full Version : Id please

tlaspec
08-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Could someone please ID this frag i got 4 month back. It started out with a nice green color but the the colors seems to have faded, also it seems to grow only slightly encrusting the rock it's on. Thanks for any help.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/tlaspec/image.jpg (http://s72.photobucket.com/user/tlaspec/media/image.jpg.html)

reefwars
08-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Acan enchinata, got it from concept right? Could also be chalice but i dont think so.
Aggressive coral fyi;)

The Grizz
08-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Looks like an Acan to me as well, little to puffy for a chalice.

spit.fire
08-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Acan enchinata, got it from concept right? Could also be chalice but i dont think so.
Aggressive coral fyi;)

Agreed on the enchinata

tlaspec
08-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Aggressive coral fyi;)

Yep it was from concept:mrgreen: you got a great memory danny. Any idea on how I can get that nice green color back? Right now I have it sitting on the bottom of my tank, should I move it up higher to get more light?

reefwars
08-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Yep it was from concept:mrgreen: you got a great memory danny. Any idea on how I can get that nice green color back? Right now I have it sitting on the bottom of my tank, should I move it up higher to get more light?

Start With water chemistry first before giving extra light What's your tank specs and water parameters?

Ime not an overly demanding coral with light or flow, it does look in the pic to be shrunlen in smd skelaton showing just a Tad should be more thicker fleshed , like you mentioned its green has faded away but will come back:)

tlaspec
08-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Start With water chemistry first before giving extra light What's your tank specs and water parameters?

Ime not an overly demanding coral with light or flow, it does look in the pic to be shrunlen in smd skelaton showing just a Tad should be more thicker fleshed , like you mentioned its green has faded away but will come back:)

My tank is a 46 gallon 20" depth with 2 t5ho 10k and 20k bulb
Unfortunately no sump
40lb live rock
reef octopus HOB skimmer

Not much live stock yet, currently I have the following:

1 clown
1 cleaner shrimp
1 branched hammer coral
1 bubble coral
5 lps/zoa frags

Water parameters that I can measure are:
0, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate
420 ppm Calcium
7dKH Alkalinity
7.8 PH

Previously I was only using the regular instant ocean salt, to raise calcium/alk I was dosing using a two part calcium/alkalinity solution.

I recently switched to a proper reef salt (seachem salinity) and dosing the two part solution as needed. I do a 20 percent water change every two weeks.

mrhasan
08-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Do you really need to dose 2 part? Salinity packs high numbers of Ca/Alk and your stock, literally nothing is going to consumer and with the light you have, you can hardly grow anything more than some softies.