PDA

View Full Version : Bulkheads

Antrias
08-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Anyone know if there is a place in Red Deer where I can get a 1" Bulkhead? My overflow has been running for a few weeks now and apparently decided just now to start leaking... The bulkhead has a crack in it :(. I'd like to replace it ASAP so I can get my sump back running.

littlewoodchuck
08-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Peavey mart has a small selection

Llamarama
08-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Try Emco or frontier plumbing supplies, they were both pretty helpful with me helping me find anything I needed.

Alberta-newb
08-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Double check the diameter as well! I just went through an emergency bulkhead change myself. The 1" bulkhead the LFS sold me was a polypropylene type sold at farm supply like UFA and perhaps Peavy Mart?. Anyway, the threaded section for the nut was too big to fit through the hole in the glass! Very frustrating to find this out after draining out my sump into buckets and dismantling all the plumbing. patched it back together and let it drip until i found a proper one this weekend at another store.

The Grizz
08-06-2013, 12:15 AM
I have never been able to find good bulkheads in Red Deer so I usually make sure I have extras around. I might have a 1" slip to slip bulkhead in my stock if you haven't found one yet.

Antrias
08-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I ended up ordering from reefsupplies.ca and they (Ray) saw this post and upgraded my shipping for free so it should be here tomorrow :)

The water in my sump is already cold so ill just wait till it gets here now. Thanks though grizz! I should of ordered a spare one too I didn't think that far ahead haha. Ill just not crack it this time. I probably pushed the pipe in to hard

Reef Supplies
08-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I ended up ordering from reefsupplies.ca and they (Ray) saw this post and upgraded my shipping for free so it should be here tomorrow :)

Hmm, even with the Express post upgrade it might take a few days. By Friday for sure. Expedited would have been Monday/Tuesday next week.

Best of luck with your leak and thanks for shopping at our store!

Ray

Antrias
08-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Your right Friday at the latest - I read the estimate l delivery date wrong haha thought today was the 8th for some reason

67Stang
08-07-2013, 01:47 AM
I have some 1" Bulk heads for sale

The Grizz
08-07-2013, 04:03 AM
If you want one right away I can give you one & you can give me the one Ray is sending you, pm me if you need it.

Antrias
08-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Thanks to Grizz for lending me a bulkhead while mine comes :) turns out Canada Post in Montreal is slow! As well the bulkhead I ordered my not even fit anyway haha didn't know there was slim profile 1" bulkheads vs standard bulkheads.