PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Rare Bi-Colour Monti Cap

mike31154
08-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I really need to get a new camera.

https://tsl4pa.bay.livefilestore.com/y2p9asoff7dpB3od6pdHmIRMcgpwzB4pOwinEbyYEfU2dmZAoW 8BfqSrPTwbk6CntvbSh1-VOJ4kjxJAKMx53MhODLdSLWeSQpX25HBmDRODA4/P1060637e.JPG?psid=1

https://tsl4pa.bay.livefilestore.com/y2pA25antyLmR9H18aG-GMEh9tTv4iAH3kUaTGkiKIGHy-_K5T7DiqEHi7fobf87FkRmfkSOQIBbyYbGSqyRACJAXtZ-1ChCpIut3ZqnWsy3VM/P1060678e.JPG?psid=1

Din Gior
08-04-2013, 05:52 PM
did you glued that piece? I wanted to do the same with my red/orange monti and purple one, but it didn't work.

mike31154
08-04-2013, 06:34 PM
did you glued that piece? I wanted to do the same with my red/orange monti and purple one, but it didn't work.

Ha, yes, busted on the first post by another hobbyist! Can't fool you guys no how. MarkoD at least had one person going with his cylinder tank photo!

I'm in my tank with hands quite a bit to clean since it's sumpless. Often end up breaking pieces off the montis since they're so delicate. Thought I'd give it a shot & so far it's working, no sign of all-out coral warfare to date & I did this a month or two ago. Both these corals have been growing like mad under my LED fixture. The tan one has now grown so close to the glass that I can no longer get the magfloat cleaner past it. Green one used to be on the other side of the tank & also got too close to glass. One of my BTAs was beginning to destroy it so I've moved what was left to the other end of the tank. You should be able to make out the larger colony on the right side of photo #2.

...I know this is not the for sale forum, but I have plenty of the green specimen. Locals are welcome to shoot me a pm if interested. Also have a BTA & hammer coral.

MarkoD
08-04-2013, 07:59 PM
People on this forum are only gullible enough for one trick a day

Madreefer
08-04-2013, 08:11 PM
People on this forum are only gullible enough for one trick a day

Or some people cant tell the difference from sarcasm and being gullible.:lol:
Read between the lines.

I tried doing what has been done with those monti's. In my case the red grew much faster than the green and eventually took over. Would look cool though.