PDA

View Full Version : BIG Show Frags Group Buy - Calgary

Seth81
08-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Hello everyone, looking at Big show's website I see a few things I wouldn't mind having in my tank,but hate that nasty shipping charge... so why not start a group !!

So here are the details:

If we get over a total of $400 we get free shipping, otherwise it's split by value.

People checkout on the website with the group buy option.

After checkout people will receive an email for payment method.

Shipping date will be August 22nd, arrive on the 23rd. I will float bags for people, and people can pick up at my house on that Friday or weekend.

I live in SW Calgary.

I'll be kicking in at least $100 of an order. Please post on here if your going to be participating.

uniboob
08-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Won't be joining group buy as its easier for me to drive to his house :p I can assure all taking part WILL NOT be disappointed.

kien
08-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I have never even heard of this vendor! Where the frak are all these vendors coming from?!

uniboob
08-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Ontario :)

kien
08-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Ontario :)

you know what would be cool, is if I could place one "Ontario" order and have all the Ontario vendors make one shipment. That would be handy. You guys should work on that.

uniboob
08-02-2013, 06:46 PM
you know what would be cool, is if I could place one "Ontario" order and have all the Ontario vendors make one shipment. That would be handy. You guys should work on that.

I'm sure there are a few vendors who would team up to offer this, and then others that wouldn't.

kien
08-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm sure there are a few vendors who would team up to offer this, and then others that wouldn't.

Well, as it stands, there's some stuff I'd like off of Big Show Frags, one or two things off of Bean Bag Frags, some stuff from MadJelly and a clown off of Kraken's reef.. My shipping bill would be ridonculous.. :lol:

Seth81
08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Well, as it stands, there's some stuff I'd like off of Big Show Frags, one or two things off of Bean Bag Frags, some stuff from MadJelly and a clown off of Kraken's reef.. My shipping bill would be ridonculous.. :lol:

It's a good thing we are doing a group buy then :biggrin:

Yeah I only heard of Dave (Big Show Corals) recently, and I did a big order and was very pleased with what I got! But he added some new stuff and I want Moaaar! :mrgreen:

Oh I should probably mention that the cut off is August 21 at 8 Pm Calgary time

thmh
08-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Bigshow frags are awesome! He has da best lps out there!

~Tony

Seth81
08-04-2013, 08:18 PM

How much do you think you are in for?

Madreefer
08-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I have never even heard of this vendor! Where the frak are all these vendors coming from?!

I'd be a little ****ed if I was a vendor on here that actually paid for advertising. Never heard of this guy or Madjelly before. Lots of free exposure.

J_T
08-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I'd be a little ****ed if I was a vendor on here that actually paid for advertising. Never heard of this guy or Madjelly before. Lots of free exposure.

? Not sure why. They didn't post the first post. It was a member trying to save a buck on shipping.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Aquattro
08-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Vendors pay for advertising, not exclusive rights to sales to members of the board. The rules state that you cannot link to, or post pics of items for non vendors. But people can buy from whatever supplier they feel gives them the best products.
If I were a paying advertiser, I would be advertising my wares and trying to get as much of the sales as possible.

Madreefer
08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Vendors pay for advertising, not exclusive rights to sales to members of the board. The rules state that you cannot link to, or post pics of items for non vendors. But people can buy from whatever supplier they feel gives them the best products.
If I were a paying advertiser, I would be advertising my wares and trying to get as much of the sales as possible.

Ok my bad. Sorry. They both have nice stuff though.

MitchM
08-04-2013, 08:56 PM
It's nice to see so many vendors offering frags in Canada.
Looking forward to participating soon.

Aquattro
08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Ok my bad. Sorry. They both have nice stuff though.

No, we hear it all the time, but you have to understand advertising. It only ensures a company name is seen, products offered, etc. We can't lock members into buying their wares. Think about magazine ads. You can't make readers of the magazine buy those products. Just ensure they see the name and the deals.
We had one vendor think that, drop out and try the group buy thing. One failed attempt and I haven't seen the name in months. If advertisers here are upset, then advertise. Tell us what you have and why we should buy it. Give me pics, and use the forum provided. Give specials to Canreef members. But don't complain that people found somewhere else to buy stuff, the Internet is huge, and people look for the best. So offer us the best, and give us the bulk group buy deals. Give us free shipping. Find something to sell us that we can't get anywhere else.
We see half a dozen frag suppliers with amazing pieces. They found them. They put in the work, so our advertisers can do the same. Work for it. I'm not giving anyone my money just because they have a banner ad. All we provide is the medium to offer a large target base of customers the wares they are looking for.

J_T
08-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Well put. And exactly right.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

typezero
08-05-2013, 02:41 AM
No, we hear it all the time, but you have to understand advertising. It only ensures a company name is seen, products offered, etc. We can't lock members into buying their wares. Think about magazine ads. You can't make readers of the magazine buy those products. Just ensure they see the name and the deals.
We had one vendor think that, drop out and try the group buy thing. One failed attempt and I haven't seen the name in months. If advertisers here are upset, then advertise. Tell us what you have and why we should buy it. Give me pics, and use the forum provided. Give specials to Canreef members. But don't complain that people found somewhere else to buy stuff, the Internet is huge, and people look for the best. So offer us the best, and give us the bulk group buy deals. Give us free shipping. Find something to sell us that we can't get anywhere else.
We see half a dozen frag suppliers with amazing pieces. They found them. They put in the work, so our advertisers can do the same. Work for it. I'm not giving anyone my money just because they have a banner ad. All we provide is the medium to offer a large target base of customers the wares they are looking for.
Can this man get a TESTIFY!?

thmh
08-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Testify!

~Tony

Seth81
08-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Just my 2 cents, I have been in this hobby just over a year and a half, I did click on all the vendor ads numerous time on Canreef and I became aware of them right away; by contrast it took me over a year to even hear about fragbox (who know is a sponsor) and a year and a half to hear about Big show. If they had advertised I would have known about them a lot sooner and probably bought more from them versus a different non-sponsors. Yes I agree group buys do offer the vendors a little bit of free exposure, but IMO it is no different than us discussing our favorite brands of salt, if the vendors where doing their own group buys then I could see that as a problem.

Anyways , back to the topic at hand... so far we have a total of about $245 pledged. If your plan on participating, please pm me your real name and phone number so that we can arrange pick up times.

Cheers,

-Seth

hfp75
08-05-2013, 04:18 PM
He doesn't have much...

uniboob
08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
He doesn't have much...

He has more then any other vendor here in Ontario. Lol all top notch too. I know he is getting his website revamped. What are you after? He doesn't carry much softies or zoas right now.

hfp75
08-05-2013, 06:41 PM
looking for a Gold Torch....

uniboob
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
looking for a Gold Torch....

He has it, MSG him.

kien
08-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Are we still targetting shipping for August 22 for arrival on the 23rd? I just checked my calendar and I'll be out of town on the 23rd so I won't be here to pick up my order :-( Can we move the ship up a day or to the following week? Would anyone mind?

hfp75
08-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Im easy for the delivery date 15/16 or 22/23

DAVE
08-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Im easy for the delivery date 15/16 or 22/23

It cannot be on the 15/16 as I don't get home from work until late on the 15th.

Any time between the 19th and the 29th.

Seth81
08-08-2013, 02:40 AM
I can do Aug 22nd arrival if everyone is cool with that.

So far we have
Seth: $120 (maybe more)
Switch Blade: $110
Kein: $75
hfp: ?

Did I miss anyone?

Are we still targetting shipping for August 22 for arrival on the 23rd? I just checked my calendar and I'll be out of town on the 23rd so I won't be here to pick up my order :-( Can we move the ship up a day or to the following week? Would anyone mind?

kien
08-08-2013, 03:09 AM
I can do Aug 22nd arrival if everyone is cool with that.

So far we have
Switch Blade: $110

Did I miss anyone?

You missed me bro! I'm in for $75. Same as Kein.

hfp75
08-08-2013, 03:12 AM
I dont have my order figured out yet he is back on the 15th so probably then....

I am fine with the 22

H

Proteus

Haha.

reefwars

Lol

Seth81
08-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Switch Blade: $110 (maybe more)
Titus99: $75

Sorry Titus :redface:

kien
08-08-2013, 05:08 AM
Switch Blade: $110 (maybe more)
Titus99: $75

Sorry Titus :redface:

What am I chopped liver?? Please add me to the list. Again, in in for $75. Same as Kein and Titus99.

Seth81
08-08-2013, 05:50 AM
LOL...sorry, spelling mistake! It's hard to make a list while holding a screaming baby!

uniboob
08-08-2013, 10:37 PM
LOL...sorry, spelling mistake! It's hard to make a list while holding a screaming baby!

lol. what is everyone ordering?

Proteus
08-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm not ordering till sept

hfp75
08-09-2013, 12:21 AM
my order is 50 may be up to 125

uniboob
08-09-2013, 12:54 AM
I meant as in coral wise? Acans? Chalice? Sps?

thmh
08-09-2013, 01:45 AM
One of everything?..... That's what I would do!

~Tony

Seth81
08-09-2013, 03:03 AM
Aug 22nd is pretty close to Sept!

I'm not ordering till sept

Seth81
08-09-2013, 03:06 AM
I'm getting RR blue matrix, Montipora Setosa and probably BS Reverse Sunset:mrgreen:

lol. what is everyone ordering?

uniboob
08-09-2013, 10:58 AM
One of everything?..... That's what I would do!

~Tony

Lol if only money grew on trees. I would take one of each too. Lol

Seth81
08-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Can all participants please post or PM me what they have ordered.

Seth
Motipora Setso - $50
Monti Nodusa - $30
BS Reverse Sunset - $50
RR Blue Matrix - $120

Total $250

Seth81
08-17-2013, 04:09 AM
Hey everyone,

So we have met and exceeded the min amount for free shipping. If there is anyone else intereted in jumping in on the group buy,orders need to be placed through the website by sunday night.

Cheers,
-Seth

kien
08-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Can all participants please post or PM me what they have ordered.

Seth
Motipora Setso - $50
Monti Nodusa - $30
BS Reverse Sunset - $50
RR Blue Matrix - $120

Total $250

I don't think you will need to keep track of everyone's orders as our names should be on all the bags I would hope. That's pretty standard practice these days. Anyway, I ordered stuff that isn't on the website but there should be 3 bags arriving for me. Thanks for organizing!

Seth81
08-17-2013, 03:12 PM
True enough, but I am just curious! :biggrin:

I don't think you will need to keep track of everyone's orders as our names should be on all the bags I would hope. That's pretty standard practice these days. Anyway, I ordered stuff that isn't on the website but there should be 3 bags arriving for me. Thanks for organizing!

uniboob
09-08-2013, 02:10 AM
His new website is live. Same webpage address, totally new wicked site.