PDA

View Full Version : Tunze nano ato issue

Proteus
08-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Installed tunze nano ato.

The pump is receiving small burst of power, causing it to turn on for a fraction of a second. At first I thought the float was bouncing so I filled up sump just enough for float to be submerged. Nope not it. I switched the +\- wires on pump. Nope. Not as bad but still does it.

Any ideas

gregzz4
08-02-2013, 04:05 AM
If the controller is the same as, or at least similar to, the 3155, it only has either an 'on or off' output
Could be a faulty controller and I'd suggest returning it to the place of purchase
At least for inspection, or better yet a swap

And for the pump hookup, it's not polarity sensitive so either way to connect it is fine ( with my 2 Osmolators )

gregzz4
08-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Just one quick thought
My 3155s have a little screw inside the controller for how long the pump runs

Maybe your's is adjustable and, because it's for a Nano, it has a very short run time on low, and it's set to the minimum

You could open it up and look for a little phillips screw ( again, if the same as the 3155 )

gregzz4
08-02-2013, 04:15 AM
One more thought Nick, but this is a longshot

Have you shaken all the air out of the pump ?
I don't have experience with your model, but it could be an air issue and the controller is cutting power to the pump as it's not drawing water

When the pump tries to run, shake it well inside your topoff container to clear any air

Proteus
08-02-2013, 04:20 AM
If the controller is the same as, or at least similar to, the 3155, it only has either an 'on or off' output
Could be a faulty controller and I'd suggest returning it to the place of purchase
At least for inspection, or better yet a swap

And for the pump hookup, it's not polarity sensitive so either way to connect it is fine ( with my 2 Osmolators )

Just one quick thought
My 3155s have a little screw inside the controller for how long the pump runs

Maybe your's is adjustable and, because it's for a Nano, it has a very short run time on low, and it's set to the minimum

You could open it up and look for a little phillips screw ( again, if the same as the 3155 )

Thanks Greg

The pump run time is controlled buy reversing wires in the controller. I though about this and when I unplugged power supply I quickly plugged back in a nd been good since. Must have tripped. If it happens again ill take it back.

gregzz4
08-02-2013, 04:28 AM
Good to hear
Hope it's resolved

For the record, I have 2 3155s and had to return one
It was faulting (freaking out) for no reason

I still love them :smile:

Borderjumper
08-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Mine did the same thing..unplugging it for a minute seemed to reset it

gregzz4
08-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Mine did the same thing..unplugging it for a minute seemed to reset it
Wish I'd known that before I looked all over the web for answers for Nick :silly:

Proteus
08-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Wish I'd known that before I looked all over the web for answers for Nick :silly:

Lol. Still apreciated

gregzz4
08-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Lol. Still apreciated
No problem Nick, 'sall part of the forum
Is it working now ?

Proteus
08-02-2013, 05:23 AM
No problem Nick, 'sall part of the forum
Is it working now ?

Yeah 😳

I should have unplugged it the first go around. I though I was covering my bases and I left the most simple one out. Lol :redface: