PDA

View Full Version : Refuge help and QT help

Azilla
06-19-2004, 08:54 PM
well to make life more stressfull my refuge broke for no reason at all. After the tuff time i had installin it into a remote room now its garbage.
Came home sat down said oh i better check my Sal level of my tank, Went into the other room where my sump and fuge are i hear drip drip drip drip i look at my sump Im LIKE OH NO!! then i look up and see water poorin down the wall and looked and my fuge spidered on one side. So i grabed the duct tape started tapin tossed a pump in the fuge and pumped all water to my sump. then put my alge and rock into sump and sand into a pale.

So now im thinking this is the secound drilled tank that has broke on me and i cant afford to keep buyin them and gettin them drilled.
Can i use a clear rubbermaid 10-20 tub??? as my fuge?? Also i would like to know how to setup a QT Tank i wanna use my old tank as QT.

mr_alberta
06-20-2004, 04:52 AM
I've seen pictures where people use 5G pails as fuges. All you need is a way to get water in/out and a light over it. I personally love the rubbermaid sump. Easy to drill, cheap, light and uh, easy to drill...