PDA

View Full Version : Valentini Puffer Fish

DSlater
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey all - I'm looking for some advice. I picked up a Valentini Puffer fish last weekend for our 220 gal tank that only has 6 massive turbo snails, 25 hermits and a Yellow Headed Sleeper Goby. The occupants in our nano tank will be moved over in the fall. I have a Tuxedo Urchin, more snails & hermits, a pair of Occelaris Clownfish, a Yellow Clown Goby and a Starry Blenny (that was just put in there to help get rid of the hair algae - he was bot for the big tank). I was told that 9 out of 10 Valentini's are fine but this one is already nipping at my snails in the evening. I phoned the lfs and they said to make sure the fish was well fed and it should be fine... has anyone had experience with these fish? any thoughts? Much appreciated. Cheers!

29Bio
01-10-2014, 04:29 AM
I had one for a couple years and it didn't touch anything, i had sexy shrimp and pom pom crabs with it. All fish have different personalities though.

Kabong
01-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I had one for 5 years, great personality for a small fish.
However it did not matter how well fed he was I could not have a snail in my tank for the 5 years.

Reef Puffer
01-12-2014, 05:09 PM
They need these snails and such to keep their teeth filed down. They will not live long turn otherwise.

Jschier
02-18-2014, 02:22 AM
I feed mine a crushed clam from Safeway every few days, lives fine fine with my snails, shrimp and starfish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theokie
02-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Mine devours the small snails with gusto, the larger ones he just annoys while waiting for me to pluck some snails from my other tanks for him