PDA

View Full Version : First casualty

sumpfinfishe
06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Well I just got home from work tonight to find the tank at a whopping 85 :eek:

I guess I should have setup the fan over the sump a few days ago. I had to pull out one of my first sps Milli's as it had pretty much bleached in only one day :cry: I'm sad to see this piece go as it was doing so well with lot's of new small growth branches.

It's my fault though, I should have setup that freak'n fan yesterday :rolleyes:

Lesson: Don't put off until tomorrow- if you can do it yesterday!

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-19-2004, 09:07 AM
sorry to hear about that :(

StirCrazy
06-19-2004, 02:27 PM
that sounds weird to bleach at 85 degrees.. I would look into other possabilities also and not just blame it on heat. heat might have been a contruibiting factor or it might have been all the problem but I would double check everything else to be sure.

last summer I frequently went over 90 with no bleaching on any corals, well untill it went to 104 but the millis still made it with out bleaching.

Steve

marie
06-19-2004, 10:08 PM
my tanks have reached 85 the last 3 days and everything is still healthy . I'm keeping a close eye on everything though

Aquattro
06-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Like I posted earlier, my tank hit 88 and is just fine. A little more algae on the glass than normal, but the corals don't seem to mind.

Seamonkey
06-25-2004, 03:23 AM
:biggrin: I find that the temperature is just one element that I get concerned about during the summer. My tank is pretty small with only easily maintained softies. What do all you guys do about your tanks during holidays? I personally have a house sitter come. I have a bird and 3 cat's for them to look after, (thats the easy part )My fish tanks are always the clincher. Try and explain a protien skimmer, bioload and tweekin the tank, heat, feeding and additives. Mention the live rock and they really go wonky.! :eek:

Aquattro
06-25-2004, 03:52 AM
What do all you guys do about your tanks during holidays?

holidays??? :confused: