PDA

View Full Version : Tank crash

Frenchie2
07-27-2013, 01:32 AM
Well I've been in this hobby for quite a few years now and am just experiencing my first tank crash with an original bio cube 29g. What a bummer! So I will be moving the still healthy corals to a friend of mine as I will be restarting my bio cube. My question is would anyone of you know what I should put my RBTA in so it doesn't set itself inside a rock crevasse in my friend's tank as I would basically not be able to get it back... I was suggested a breeder box that could go inside his tank until my tank is ready (probably 1 week or so). Any other ideas? I am restarting my bio cube with cured live rock that is currently stored in my friend's sump that is connected to his running tank. I will put new sand but keep a touch of the old one to get the cycle going. Then I will get a big majority of my friend's salt water tank (maybe 25 g of it) with some new water (Rodi). I will be testing everyday until the tank is ready. Please advise for the RBTA. Thanks much for your input.

AquaticFinatic
07-27-2013, 02:49 AM
Try a clay flower pot. It works.

nerdz
07-27-2013, 03:43 AM
you could buy a plastic strainer from the dollar store. I've seen Oceanic Corals keep them this way.