PDA

View Full Version : New Fox Coral not doing great. Water change?

LeanneP
07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I purchased a fox coral and bubble coral 4 days ago. Bubble is looking good but the Fox coral is still not opening very much and looks like it is struggling. I have it in low flow, close to the bubble and have been covering with screens to cut down on the halide lighting. I am going to be quite busy and away the next couple of weeks so I am wondering if it is good to do a water change today since it will be at least two weeks before I do another or will this just stress the fox coral more. I know they don't like really clean water so not sure which is better. I usually do W/C every week and a half or so. All my other corals look fine.

Leanne

Coralgurl
07-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Your bubble could be stinging it. They have crazy long tentacles. Try the fox coral.

I have mine sitting midway in my tank, close to the side, out of direct flow, but under direct lights (leds). Since moving to this location a few months ago, its quite happy.

neoh
07-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I have mine in the lowest flow possible, burried in the sand, under my rock work, where the mantle is protected from the light and it's almost doubled in size in two months. If you see it moving at all, it's probably too much flow. It took about a week to become fully extended after I brought it home.

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7484/igmx.jpg

I hope it recovers for you, it's one of my favorite corals.

LeanneP
07-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I decided to go ahead and do a water change and I guess it was a good move. The fox coral opened up again and is looking pretty good. I have pushed it back under an overhang so it is not getting too much direct light since I have MH and I have a couple of screens over the tank. I am very happy it is doing better. It is a really beautiful looking coral. Thanks for the tips.

Leanne

baggio
07-29-2013, 03:22 AM
you gotta go easy on the water changes Leanne !

Rino ...........he he