PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to getting flow right???

LeanneP
07-23-2013, 05:10 PM
I have a 90 gallon tank with a HOB skimmer, 600 gph HOB overflow and a 1050 gph Koralia pump. I usually have 2 pumps going but I just got a fox coral and a bubble coral so I turned one off for now. My question is how can I position the pumps to give more flow higher up, but less on the bottom. I have played around with them but I can't seem to get the lower flow on the bottom. The bubble and fox don't seem totally happy with the flow I have right now and that is with only one pump on. Any suggestions?

Leanne

Madreefer
07-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Try moving your rockwork around a bit to shelter the corals.
I have 2 MP40s and an MP10 running at 100% in a 144G tank with sugar sand. No sand storms at all and i'm sure it's due to how my rockwork is arranged. No unhappy corals due to flow.

kien
07-23-2013, 05:38 PM
I have a 90 gallon tank with a HOB skimmer, 600 gph HOB overflow and a 1050 gph Koralia pump. I usually have 2 pumps going but I just got a fox coral and a bubble coral so I turned one off for now. My question is how can I position the pumps to give more flow higher up, but less on the bottom. I have played around with them but I can't seem to get the lower flow on the bottom. The bubble and fox don't seem totally happy with the flow I have right now and that is with only one pump on. Any suggestions?

Leanne

Have you tried pointing the Koralias right to the surface of the tank so that they are essentially blowing/pushing water towards the surface?

LeanneP
07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Have you tried pointing the Koralias right to the surface of the tank so that they are essentially blowing/pushing water towards the surface?

Thanks Kien! Moved the corals around some more and turned on the other pump to the surface. A little more flow but the fox and bubble are happy again.

Leanne