PDA

View Full Version : Ato review

Proteus
07-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Ato sh:t the bed today.

It was a fishbowl aquarium that's who knows how old

Looking at the tunze osmolator nano. If anyone has one review would be nice.
Or others recommended

kien
07-23-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm confused.. Your ATO was a fish bowl? As in, you dumped fresh water from the fish bowl into your reef, manually?

Proteus
07-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Lol. No damn I'm not thinking straight

Fish bowl innovations.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd400/titus991/null-13.jpg

kien
07-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Ah, gotcha. I've been using an autotopoff.com top off system since I started my tank 4 years ago. Still going strong. I clean it of debris (mostly feather dusters and sponges) every six to 8 months. Everyone else I know uses the tunze osmolarors and seem to be happy with those too though.

Proteus
07-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Looked at autotop off.com. Nice but need to buy one local as I leave for holidays on Saturday

Jakegr
07-23-2013, 02:32 AM
I had a regular Tunze Osmolator for 1 year. It worked flawlessly for that time. My only complaints were that the magnets that held up the sensors were too strong for my sump and the pump is pretty noisy.

The Grizz
07-23-2013, 02:32 AM
I have a couple JBJ & one Tunze. Everytime I fill my ATO tank the friggin Tunze ATO will over fill my sump on my 60 gal cube. I have the hose going up 2' then back down to the sump & it still over fills. I have never had a single issue with the JBJ ATO in 3 yrs. so with that said as soon as my new set up is complete the Tunze will be going up for sale or sooner if I get ****ed enough to switch it out for my other JBJ.

Proteus
07-23-2013, 02:57 AM
I have a couple JBJ & one Tunze. Everytime I fill my ATO tank the friggin Tunze ATO will over fill my sump on my 60 gal cube. I have the hose going up 2' then back down to the sump & it still over fills. I have never had a single issue with the JBJ ATO in 3 yrs. so with that said as soon as my new set up is complete the Tunze will be going up for sale or sooner if I get ****ed enough to switch it out for my other JBJ.

What's the reason for the tunze to overfill. Is is siphoning or sensor trips

brotherd
07-23-2013, 03:15 AM
genesisreefsystems.com

Smudge
07-23-2013, 03:16 AM
I have been running the Elos osmolator for about 1.5 years. Has worked great so far.

The Grizz
07-23-2013, 03:20 AM
What's the reason for the tunze to overfill. Is is siphoning or sensor trips

I have no friggin clue what the hell is going on it only happens when I refill the ATO tank. Sensors are working perfect but I don't like the one sensor because it's an optic sensor. The JBJ sensors are both float sensors which is a much better sensor IMO.

Zoaelite
07-23-2013, 03:39 AM
I have no friggin clue what the hell is going on it only happens when I refill the ATO tank. Sensors are working perfect but I don't like the one sensor because it's an optic sensor. The JBJ sensors are both float sensors which is a much better sensor IMO.

Greg when you refill your reservoir is the highest point higher or lower than where the export drains?

If its lower your back siphoning your reservoir into the main tank, lift the tubing up a bit and it should fix your problem.

That being said I have used the Tunze ATO for 6 years now, has worked flawlessly for me the whole time and I have not been nice to it (dry pump left right and center).

Zoaelite
07-23-2013, 03:42 AM
And if you want to be part of the Zoaelite tiled, radion, sweet a$$ shallow cube club you need to go Tunzee :razz:.

Proteus
07-23-2013, 03:47 AM
And if you want to be part of the Zoaelite tiled, radion, sweet a$$ shallow cube club you need to go Tunzee :razz:.

Haha. Alway one step ahead. Ill grab one tomorrow