PDA

View Full Version : Stunner strip reviews

Proteus
07-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Considering adding a 12" uv stunner strip to tank.
I have gen1 radion that it will be incorporated with

Anyone have one or have opinion on such

JmeJReefer
07-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Huge fan of the stunner strips! And the panorama pros. Great color accents! Waterproof! Mine dropped into tank once! Zero effects. The "tank" of the LED world!

Proteus
07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Huge fan of the stunner strips! And the panorama pros. Great color accents! Waterproof! Mine dropped into tank once! Zero effects. The "tank" of the LED world!

Do you have the uv

JmeJReefer
07-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Didn't like the all uv strip as it turned the tank really purple but the mixed blue and uv would be better.

JmeJReefer
07-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Sorry, uv with a blue would balance out the purple I thinks.... I've been happy with a white/magenta and royal blue strip to accent a panarama pro white/blue strip. Great colors!

Madreefer
07-21-2013, 10:28 PM
I have 4 Panorama Pro RGBs to supplement my other 4 AI Sol Blues. I have the one touch controller to go along with them. With how my Sols are programmed with the ramping up and down of intensity it does'nt jive with how the Panorama program is. So you will have that part of the day that your tank will look to red, purple, green etc. If there was a way to have the controllors of each mesh together with the ramping up and down than I would highly recommend them. And yes they are waterproof. If I was to do it over again I think i'd go T5s

misty s
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I use the magenta/blue panorama pro's and am really happy with them. Very bright lights and I also found one of mine in the tank one day when I came home from work and it still works fine.

Acrowhora
07-21-2013, 11:52 PM
I have two magenta/blue combo + 2 uv stunner strips that accents my radion pro and two lightbox par38s.

Nano
07-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Considering adding a 12" uv stunner strip to tank.
I have gen1 radion that it will be incorporated with

Anyone have one or have opinion on such

Nick I ran magenta&blue, and uv with my sol and couldn't tell they were on if your looking for it more for coral benefits I have heard mixed opinions on uv and how much is too much. However if your just looking to add some colour you won't notice it from a stunner I'd be more inclined towards a pro module especially considering radions are more powerful then sols.

Wheelman76
07-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Nick I ran magenta&blue, and uv with my sol and couldn't tell they were on if your looking for it more for coral benefits I have heard mixed opinions on uv and how much is too much. However if your just looking to add some colour you won't notice it from a stunner I'd be more inclined towards a pro module especially considering radions are more powerful then sols.

Do you think you would notice it , if it was added to T5 lighting?

Acrowhora
07-22-2013, 02:38 AM
when you deliver my frags,i'll lend you my 2 magenta/blue stunners for you to try, and if you like em they're yours for...free!:wink:Do you think you would notice it , if it was added to T5 lighting?

Nano
07-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Do you think you would notice it , if it was added to T5 lighting?

Couldnt tell ya. Lol never really played around with t5 much. But I think you could still get a small amount of shimmer with them if anything. Depends on how many watts of t5s are running though..