PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some cheato.

reef_rookie
07-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Hi guys and gals, I just moved to the red deer area and lost my Cheato in transport. So I was wondering if anyone can spare a small bag of it. Also since we are right in the middle on the main cities, which way do you go to get saltwater fix? Edmonton or Calgary. If is is calgary which stores have the best selection?

Thanks
rookie

Antrias
07-21-2013, 05:09 AM
I could also use some cheato too!

However as for stores I haven't made a trip to the Edmonton stores yet so I can't comment on them. I have made several trips to Calgary so here's my run down:

Gold Aquariums - best prices you will find for fish and corals but they have a small selection because they are specialized in Chiclids (as to which they also have the best prices and good selection of) Best price on 5 pound buckets of NLS pellets too. Always friendly and they speak good English (some of the other places don't...)

Wai's Aquarium - had lots of nice fish and corals but I never ended up getting anything here

Ocean Creation - Some better prices than Wai's I think and good selection (for what I wanted anyway)

Reef Wonderland - just opened and had almost no stock left... I got two super nice coral frags for a good price from them though

Big Als - don't waste your time been there 4 times each time was a waste

Pisces Pets - Expensive saltwater fish but I found some good corals for a decent price and I get my IO salt from here when it's half off and they have good other misc. supplies.

RiverFront - went here once don't remember seeing corals - just fish at average price

Hope this was helpful!

The Grizz
07-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Finally made the move eh? Not sure if anyone in red deer even has any cheato at all including myself, I prefer other methods. Welcome to the cleavage between Edmonton and Calgary bro.

reef_rookie
07-22-2013, 02:14 AM
thanks grizz. I'm a little busy trying to finish the house we bought, but I will be in touch soon (hopefully) if you still build stands.

The Grizz
07-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Your welcome to drop out any time dude, just shoot me a pm.

reef_rookie
07-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Thank you to Antrias.

Antrias
07-22-2013, 03:03 AM
No problem :)

Just setup my tank http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=99358 so I've done a lot of looking lately!

cbrine
08-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Try Denny at concept. I got my bag from him. Based in calgary